B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...
View Poll Results: What version Vag-Com do you use?
VCDS Full
10.00%
VCDS - Lite
90.00%
Don't use it, I go to the stealership
0%
What is Vag-Com?
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

VCDS-Lite vs VCDS Full

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM
1st Gear
Default VCDS-Lite vs VCDS Full

I have a 2001 A4 and I am looking at getting the Vag-com software. I was wondering what versions you guys have. Is the full version worth $150 more? It looks like for the newer cars the full version will do a lot more but it apears to be somewhat limited for the older stuff. What are your thoughts and what version are you using?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:43 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

I have the full version with a genuine Ross-Tech cable. I've never used the lite version so I don't know what it has versus what it doesn't have. super useful software, IMHO if you are going to own an Audi it is pretty much essential.

I know a lot of the guys here that are "gurus" swear by the lite version. they say it will do pretty much everything you might need.

I guess it all comes down to what your budget is.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

My budget isn't much of a concern but I could always make better use of the money elsewhere on the car. I looked at the chart and it looks like the lite version does most things for a 2001 version. I am curious is any of the advanced features are missed much on the lite version. If I had a brand new Audi it would be a no-brainer and I would go with the full version. I'm just not sure the full version is cost effective for a 2001.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:37 AM
2nd Gear

the only thing that would be a deal killer for me is, if the lite version didn't allow for coding the ECU to do things like allowing the key fob to open windows.

i too am curious of the actual differences.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
2nd Gear

I'm using a older full version 3112n and it does everything with my 3rd party USB vag-com cable. Hell..i ordered another one two days ago from china off ebay,it's the color Red and has LED's. The one i have now is all black and doesn't lite up but it does the job fine until i get my fancier vag-com in a few weeks. ^_^

I programmed my keyless fob to open and close my windows and sun/moon roof,lock all the doors and trunk at 15mph and unlock all doors and truck,once the key is pulled out of the ignition. ^_^ Now i need to find the code to shut off the damn seat bealt chime and the driver side door open chime,so i can disable them both!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
I'm using a older full version 3112n and it does everything with my 3rd party USB vag-com cable. Hell..i ordered another one two days ago from china off ebay,it's the color Red and has LED's. The one i have now is all black and doesn't lite up but it does the job fine until i get my fancier vag-com in a few weeks. ^_^

I programmed my keyless fob to open and close my windows and sun/moon roof,lock all the doors and trunk at 15mph and unlock all doors and truck,once the key is pulled out of the ignition. ^_^ Now i need to find the code to shut off the damn seat bealt chime and the driver side door open chime,so i can disable them both!
i know you did these things, im curious if you can do it with the lite version tho? cuz dont u have a cracked full version? wich is the reason i never ask you =P

Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

I'll have to report back to you on that,i have VCD-lite installed and the 3112n full version but i never use the VCD-lite,being i have a full version with no limitations far as a 2001 A4 B5 goes,i'll try doing a few things and let you know.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 AM
2nd Gear

haha thank, you do that and let me know. sadly morpheous you have no idea how much you've helped me so far with my car so far.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by NHolzschuh
haha thank, you do that and let me know. sadly morpheous you have no idea how much you've helped me so far with my car so far.
Oh...how so?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by morpheous
Now i need to find the code to shut off the damn seat bealt chime and the driver side door open chime,so i can disable them both!
If you can find out how to do that with the full version I would definitely buy it. That would be worth the extra $150 right there.

Quick Reply: VCDS-Lite vs VCDS Full