B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

windows wont open, wont lock, key fob doesnt work...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
1st Gear
Default windows wont open, wont lock, key fob doesnt work...

today we had a huge rain storm all day, it poured and the night before i left my sunroof open and it rained aswell, anyways i unlocked my car no problem with key fob, drove to work and came out to my car with key fob not working, so i unlocked my trunk with the key, which let the door unlock. then i got in put the key in and alarm went off. turned key off and on started the car and went on my way, then like 30 40 mins down the road i noticed my dome light turned on then off, then i tried to open my windows and nunthing sunroof nunthing, wont lock from the button inside but everything else works? anybody had this before?
changed my batterys in key fob still nunthing,...... frustrated big time with this,

Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

i know Exactly what you're problem is i had the same EXACT PROBLEM. It took me forever to figure it out, couldnt find anything on the web that helped, it is you're central locking pump, they r expensive but i got one at a junkyard for 50 bucks, if u have any questions email me @ gixxer7fiftey@gmail.com, i am positive this is your problem

Old 06-02-2012, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

hey buddy thanks for reply

i did some research and found out its all intertwined locks and alarm and windows even sunroof, first i checked fuses noticed one was blown fuse #38 (correct me if im wrong) replaced it and windows were working again, so i dug into the location of were the CLP was (under passenger rear light) so removed the plastic peice and pulled back the carpet, the hose from my sunroof drain wasent even in the downspout to the rear fender drain, also had quite the pool of water in there, brought the CLP in to dry out over night maybe it'll still work (crossed fingers) there was a little peek hole opened it there looks like a fuse there still in contact,. but here is my problem, i first thought my key fob batterys were done got new ones, before reading your gonna haft to reprogram it after that, and i only have one key....... if anybody could shed sum light on how to program with one key, would be great, if the guy on kijiji texts me back about the CLP and key fob for 100 im gunna get it if i cant program with one key,

and also now i think the audi went into armed mode where it fails to start with the key, turns over just wont fire hopefully this one thing will fix everything,

Last edited by moneyfresh; 06-02-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

There's another drain hose in the same spot on the driver's side. Might want to check it too.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jeckel20003
There's another drain hose in the same spot on the driver's side. Might want to check it too.

is there one on passenger side front? noticed the floor was a bit wet when i was looking around,

Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

There's one on the driver's side and one on the passenger's side. If you open your front door and look towards the door hinges, you'll see a black rubber plug with a hole facing at a downward angle. You might be able to access them from the back side if you remove the kick panel but I'm not sure. I know there are a bunch of wires behind each of them. Check the tray the battery sits in under the hood. It's not uncommon for the drain in it to get clogged and fill with water. It then finds its way into the car.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

Crazy thing is when i replaced mine i reprogramed it with only having one key fob and my valet key i went thru the motions not thinking it would work and i started to notice it would flash my parking lights using the fob. To this day it works perfectly and i have never had 2 key fobs to reprogram the system with, so u should give it a shot because if u need 2 fobs to reprogram the system i wanna know how i did mine after replacing my pump!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

when my central locking pump got wet i disconnected it, dried it out and sprayed with electrical cleaner and its worked ever since. ialso drilled a small hole in the rubber gromet where the water collects