B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

You know you are a B5 owner if...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:31 AM
1st Gear

Discover that your car has rear fog lights (for what reason I'm not sure).
Realise that one of the bulbs is out.
Trot down to the local petrol station and buy a replacement bulb.
Spend the next 20 minutes trying to fit it into the hole...
Then finally come to the conclusion that the hole is too small and you don't know wtf is going on because there wasn't a bulb in there to start with and the other side has a bulb??? Then check the Internet and find out that the car is designed with 1 rear fog light???

Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
2nd Gear

^I have only used that rear fog light once, and when I did three people told me I had a brake light out...

Old 03-03-2014, 09:59 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy
^I have only used that rear fog light once, and when I did three people told me I had a brake light out...

Couple years ago, a cop didn't technically stop me as he just pulled up along side me, just to let me know my rear brake light was out.

I had my rear fog light on as it was very foggy that morning. I didn't even bother explaining it to him that my B5 comes like this as its a feature, left over from Europe.

I just said, "ok thanks officer" He drove off and i just went about my business.

Now, had he attempted to give me a ticket or give me a hard time, i would have layed it all out.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OldAudiA4B5
Discover that your car has rear fog lights (for what reason I'm not sure).
Realise that one of the bulbs is out.
Trot down to the local petrol station and buy a replacement bulb.
Spend the next 20 minutes trying to fit it into the hole...
Then finally come to the conclusion that the hole is too small and you don't know wtf is going on because there wasn't a bulb in there to start with and the other side has a bulb??? Then check the Internet and find out that the car is designed with 1 rear fog light???
I used a dremel and cut it out so it's big enough to fit a bulb. I had gone down to Audi and asked them about it, and they had no idea. I figured I must have gotten a manufacturer defect or something. Haha I had no idea that's how this car was designed! I thought I was the only one with that problem :P

Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

You know your a b5er when you have every type of 10mm socket/wrench known to man. Including but not limited to bent wrenches, deep well sockets, crows feet, etc. Lol

Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear

When you go to autozone to get bkr7e spark plugs and tell the people you need plugs for a 95 s6; then they start questioning why you only need 4 plugs for a 5 cylinder engine. Then you go through the whole explanation and they still don't get it.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear

With my saab it has two back fog lights. I like to press them on and off when people like to ride close to me. They must get very confused when I'm actually not slowing down.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM

When you go to autozone to get bkr7e spark plugs and tell the people you need plugs for a 95 s6; then they start questioning why you only need 4 plugs for a 5 cylinder engine. Then you go through the whole explanation and they still don't get it.
Autozone charges $4/each for those things... you can find them online (with ease) for half that price!

Old 03-04-2014, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
Autozone charges $4/each for those things... you can find them online (with ease) for half that price!
My autozone sells them for $1.99 which is about what everybody charges

Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear

i paid 2.79 each at advance autoparts a couple weeks ago.

Quick Reply: You know you are a B5 owner if...