B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

A4 B6 Helix H7 Ecode Projecter Headlights Install Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
1st Gear
Default A4 B6 Helix H7 Ecode Projecter Headlights Install Questions?

I have only had my car almost 3 months now, just finished paying off all the major car repairs that shouldn't have even been necessary, so I would like to now start on the cosmetic mods. I was looking at getting these helix h7 ecodes on ebay, price seems good for the housing but I would have no idea how to install them? I know how to remove my lights, and take out the bulbs, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the projector lens from the center, and it says I will also need to use my factory leveling motor as well. But what about the OEM ballast? Does anyone have a good simple walkthrough I would need to install these, or is it more complicated than I am thinking? Link will be below of the actual product I was considering. I am new to doing my own car stuff, I am in college and this is my first real car I can enjoy so I am just now learning how to do most of this stuff myself.

02 05 Audi A4 B6 Black Ecode Euro Projector Headlights H7 Housing | eBay

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mcanedo92588
I have only had my car almost 3 months now, just finished paying off all the major car repairs that shouldn't have even been necessary, so I would like to now start on the cosmetic mods. I was looking at getting these helix h7 ecodes on ebay, price seems good for the housing but I would have no idea how to install them? I know how to remove my lights, and take out the bulbs, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the projector lens from the center, and it says I will also need to use my factory leveling motor as well. But what about the OEM ballast? Does anyone have a good simple walkthrough I would need to install these, or is it more complicated than I am thinking? Link will be below of the actual product I was considering. I am new to doing my own car stuff, I am in college and this is my first real car I can enjoy so I am just now learning how to do most of this stuff myself.

02 05 Audi A4 B6 Black Ecode Euro Projector Headlights H7 Housing | eBay

you only need the leveling motor if your car has auto leveling headlights.

is your stock headlights halogen bulb or d1s?

and there are 4 screws holding the housing to the car. 2 on top, if working on the drivers side, there is a bolt to the left of the housing, look down next to the fan area. and one behind the housing. same thing for passenger side except the side bolt is on the right side of the housing.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tofast2belast
you only need the leveling motor if your car has auto leveling headlights.

is your stock headlights halogen bulb or d1s?

and there are 4 screws holding the housing to the car. 2 on top, if working on the drivers side, there is a bolt to the left of the housing, look down next to the fan area. and one behind the housing. same thing for passenger side except the side bolt is on the right side of the housing.
How can you tell? I took my headlights off the other day going to attempt the clear corner mod without drilling, but got distracted and didn't have the patients to follow through with it. I swear I saw d1s on either the bulb or the housing but I am not really sure. I have the stock xenon lights with auto leveling. If I got the new set of lights would all I have to do is switch the bulbs and the motor and I am good to just plug them in and work fine? Just don't want to get in to another big project I don't have the time or money to finish after I just got 8 control arms (installed), 2 cv axles (installed), new exhaust (coming in the mail), windows tinted, and a new in dash gps stereo.

UPDATE: d1s bulbs

Last edited by mcanedo92588; 04-05-2013 at 02:15 AM.