B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

APR stage 1 owners step in

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Default APR stage 1 owners step in

Hello, just seesing who here has a stage 1????
I have a stock 04 a4, and was reading on APR website, and the set up sounds nice...

have a few questions for you????

did you guys really noticed a difference?
did you guys do any other mods??? i dont want to go wild... i was thinking a chip, exhaust (if i can save $1500 ) and an intake, but i heard thats really not necessary.

thanks guys/gals

Old 06-15-2010, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

People will tell you if you plan on going to K04 or big turbo then don't bother with stage I, and they are probably right. Like you however I'm sticking with the K03 and so went to stage I and it was definitely worth it. Just change out your stock DV at the same time. At the time I was still under warranty and would switch back to the stock programming whenever I took the car in to the dealer. Driving it then just reinforced how much difference there was - I could definitely not live with this car in stock tune!

Once I was off warrantee I upgraded to stage I+ and added the bigger injectors - another upgrade that was definitely worth it. You should consider doing both at the same time.

Keep your eye open for APR sales, which they do have once in a while.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Unitronic is actually the best software on the market. The performance numbers are better, and the file is smoother. I sent you a PM!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by R.A.I. Motorsport
Unitronic is actually the best software on the market. The performance numbers are better, and the file is smoother. I sent you a PM!
you say that cause your a distributor, but i have uni for my bt file.... i liked my apr stage 1 file, but i like my uni bt file

Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by VitaminB6
People will tell you if you plan on going to K04 or big turbo then don't bother with stage I, and they are probably right. Like you however I'm sticking with the K03 and so went to stage I and it was definitely worth it. Just change out your stock DV at the same time. At the time I was still under warranty and would switch back to the stock programming whenever I took the car in to the dealer. Driving it then just reinforced how much difference there was - I could definitely not live with this car in stock tune!

Once I was off warrantee I upgraded to stage I+ and added the bigger injectors - another upgrade that was definitely worth it. You should consider doing both at the same time.

Keep your eye open for APR sales, which they do have once in a while.

thanks that what i wanted to hear))))

Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by VitaminB6
...Like you however I'm sticking with the K03 and so went to stage I and it was definitely worth it. Just change out your stock DV at the same time...

So if I go stage 1, right now I only have a Carbonio intake, you would only recommend that i get a new DV? Is there anything else that i should look at getting for my car before going stage 1?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

A new DV is absolutely required - at best the stock one will be unable to hold the new boost, at worst it will fail.

The other stuff (e.g. exhaust) although desirable is not essential.