B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

An Audi With FWD is? An Audi?!? Whaat tha Fuuk?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
5th Gear

Thanks, man. And definitely check out the OT if you've got a lot of time on your hands - a lot of us are regulars, but we're never opposed to someone new joining in. And keep in mind that being at least a little bit of an ******* keeps things interesting!!

I'm liking that shade of blue, by the way.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

Thanks man it was between that or a red or a black one, thought it was a little different than what most go for so I did it. But damn AUDI straight to hell for the weak *** CVT that kinda caught me off guard with its limitations. I'm gonna start checkin out whats shakin on the OT though get to know some of the other cats on this site and go from there. I watched and pilfered knowledge from AF for about 8 months before I joined. All my mods are due to info I gained from this site and I want to pay it back. See you round man!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:30 PM
5th Gear

I don't know much about the CVT transmissions, but I know with the Tiptronics you can't really go BT without doing a Stage 10 upgrade, and for as much as those cost you might as well just trade your car in for another one with a manual.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I guess its limited to 230 ft/lbs with the CVT. ****. And I just watched http://www.guba.com/watch/3000009649...remium=0&o=4is Quattro is impressive which I already knew but Heollly Shiite. I had heard the stories about the unfair advantage of Quattro but had no idea it was that amazing.

Started this thread to get a debate started about the true benefits of Quattro. While I know that in my daily driving habits I personally do not NEED it after watching that video about the origins of the design and the "unfair advantage" I by the end of this thread I have been converted. I'm not abandoning my argument but I do hold much deeper respect for the capabilities of Quattro and have a strong urge to trade up now. It really bums me out after I've dumped so much time and a fair bit of money into upgrading my frontrak Audi. Oh well hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited by krystallbluea4; 11-13-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:16 AM

quattro ftmfw!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

Well said man, Imma drive mine till the rings fall off too! wtf does ftmfw mean?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

I dont think I even have the patience to argue this one... lol

Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

I wish I had quattro and a stick, but my wife drives our A4 Sport the most, and I am stuck with FWD and the glass jaw CVT. She really wanted an A4, and it just so happens the one that came up in the color she loves with the options she wanted was FWD with a CVT. Oh well, such is life. The car does handle nice with the sport package, with a bit more understeer than I like, so I plan on upping the rear sway bar to either S4 or RS4 to help out with that. I'm thinking RS4 bar, as I doubt it will make it too tail happy, and I am used to manhandling a 435 RWHP RWD car anyway. The ESP will save my wife if she gets too crazy, though I must say I doubt she will ever drive it harder than your average old lady.

The CVT is my biggest complaint, as it looks like a stage 1 APR is about all it can handle power wise. I was really hoping to go stage 1+, but I think 275 lb. ft. would make my CVT a destroyed item quickly.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Yeah the G--damn CVT caught me off guard with its weak capabilities as well. Wondering if the daily driver who goes 1+ would be okay? Maybe not a good idea if your gonna race it but occasionally here or there would it be able to withstand it? Wish I could get some clarification on that.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:20 PM

for the mother f*ckin win!! :-D

Quick Reply: An Audi With FWD is? An Audi?!? Whaat tha Fuuk?!