B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Check engine Light Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Check engine Light Help please!!

Ok I really hope someone has some sort of answers for me. I have a 2004 audi a4 1.8t. Everything was running fine until we took it to get a carwash. We washed it ourselves manually because we were told not to do an automatic carwash. anyways...we backed out of the carwash and the Electronic power control light came on along with the check engine light. we put it in the garage opened the hooded and some things looked wet. We called an audi mechanic and were told to check the coils and they were all dry. They said to let it air out because sometimes moisture can trigger it. Did that, unhooked the battery to try and reset it and now the key fob is locking all doors except the drivers. the lights are still on.. It is idling and driving just fine. Does anybody have any ideas with what this could be? Any help is much appreciated!!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 AM
3rd Gear

The EPC usually comes on on mine when the ABS module gets wet, I solved that problem by tightening my fender liner and the underbelly pan. The door issue could be the wires on the door, overtime they get frayed and cause your master switch to act funnay. I drove around with no interior panel for about a week because I got tired of that sheeeeeeeit, then one day me and my buddy got drunk and resoldered the wires, put the door bock together and VOILA! I had a doorcard again.

Hope this helps you, avoid water in your engine bay, as far a automated carwashes, it's a car man, not a person, things break.