B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

DTC Codes. where to start

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
1st Gear
Default DTC Codes. where to start

Hey everyone,
my check engine light came on and luckily my friend had a dtc scanner i could use, so i gave the engine a scan and this is what it came up with...

16685 these are misfires detected in 3 cylinders

17536 - long term fuel trim-system too lean (bank 1)
17544 - can't find it in the book :s
16395 - A Camshaft Position (bank1) Timing Over Advanced or System Performance (sporadic)
16795 - secondary air injection system - incorrect flow

can anyone help me with these?

my car runs very smooth while driving and idling (no sputtering). i just cleaned my MAF due to sputtering as weather got cold and it was very dirty and once the computer relearned it was clean it took away some sputtering when idle. other than that its smooth when driving and even at high rev's and on the way down in revs. you wouldn't think anything is wrong if you heard the engine.

i'v been looking into some of these codes and a common thing coming up is the combo valve and vacuum hoses. any thoughts?

i am new to my audi so be nice

Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Banned

Some vehicles adopt electronic instrument panel, which can directly read DTC of engine. Such as Dongfeng Tianjin, which can constantly displays running condition of engine and vehicle to driver, such as display Instantaneous fuel consumption in unit of KM/L. Although DTC is helpful to ascertain fault, if need further analysis of system DTC or fault part, diagnostic data readers used by different engine manufacturers are different, but some major diagnostic equipment manufacturers already can supply universal diagnostic tool that applies to different engines.
Such as Fcar auto diagnostic scanner below

Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by matt.mahoney
Hey everyone,
my check engine light came on and luckily my friend had a dtc scanner i could use, so i gave the engine a scan and this is what it came up with...

16685 these are misfires detected in 3 cylinders

17536 - long term fuel trim-system too lean (bank 1)
17544 - can't find it in the book :s
16395 - A Camshaft Position (bank1) Timing Over Advanced or System Performance (sporadic)
16795 - secondary air injection system - incorrect flow

can anyone help me with these?

my car runs very smooth while driving and idling (no sputtering). i just cleaned my MAF due to sputtering as weather got cold and it was very dirty and once the computer relearned it was clean it took away some sputtering when idle. other than that its smooth when driving and even at high rev's and on the way down in revs. you wouldn't think anything is wrong if you heard the engine.

i'v been looking into some of these codes and a common thing coming up is the combo valve and vacuum hoses. any thoughts?

i am new to my audi so be nice
well get the cam pos sensor changed out..<-- this is what would be causing your misfires because it says timing is advanced.

after replacing that, clear codes. drive around for ecu to adapt. and then check for codes again. if the secondary injection pump comes back on, replace or repair that unit.

you could be getting the lean code because of the SAI pump, or a vacuum leak.

Originally Posted by autoscanner
Some vehicles adopt electronic instrument panel, which can directly read DTC of engine. Such as Dongfeng Tianjin, which can constantly displays running condition of engine and vehicle to driver, such as display Instantaneous fuel consumption in unit of KM/L. Although DTC is helpful to ascertain fault, if need further analysis of system DTC or fault part, diagnostic data readers used by different engine manufacturers are different, but some major diagnostic equipment manufacturers already can supply universal diagnostic tool that applies to different engines.
Such as Fcar auto diagnostic scanner below
your post makes no sense nor does help the OP.