B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

FUEL Injector Cleaners!!!!! FML

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation FUEL Injector Cleaners!!!!! FML

So today I wanted to give some love to my A4-04...... I added some oil additive and a Fuel Injector cleaner before a long drive... I used what I thought would be the best cleaner, Lucas? something to that name.

Drove the car for about 2 hours and all of a sudden, sputter at acceleration, even with cruise control on, up hill.

I ruled out the Oil Additive. When the car is at a set speed, it runs fine. But when I go to accelerate, it jerks losing power and kicking back in as a release the peddle. I got 380 miles of fuel to burn so I can reach empty............. meaning a lot of driving on highways with cruise control @ around 75mph.

Someone told me to use Shell Gas next time and to stick to it. I never put anything less then 93 octane.

What a BAD Freaking Idea! I can't pass cars.. lol

Do you guys think I should also replace the fuel filter after this BS...? Or is there something I can add to the fuel to damper the cleaner??????

Any Help would be great...... Like someone on here said, you are best cleaning the injectors by hand. DIY project

Be warned.!!!!!!!!

And to top it off, I can just leave the car parked on idle to burn the gas because my Cooling Fan Module is acting up. Sometimes over heats because the fans work when they want to work.

- (

This is going to be a long night of driving!

- Nexus
Miami!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM
2nd Gear

Any CELs? Sounds like coil pack. If not, I would go with fuel filter.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:19 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Nah, I Vag-Com and no errors DTC's,

It's running fine now, I guess the cleaner did its job resulting minor clogs up's from all the crap and build up from tank and injector rails or heads. I ran the tank empty refilled and running like a charm. Hit 129mph today with no lag or power loss.

I am going to use Shell Gas from now on.

Thanks for your reply, have a great New Year

I had coils go out, and it's like driving with 3 cylinders, with a constant sputter. In this case, I only had issues when i accelerated, making sense that it was just debris not broken down enough to pass the filter or injector itself.

I am going to change out the filter either way. the car has high miles.

Thanks Again.

-Nexus

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

so you're a sucker for snake oil. do not buy any additives for your sake and for the poor sap who'll buy your car after you trash it.

just use VW approved oil and top tier gas. www.toptiergas.com

Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM
2nd Gear

I think there is a flaw in the top tier list, Wal Mart isnt on it

Old 01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shane.trammell
I think there is a flaw in the top tier list, Wal Mart isnt on it
no BP! wow, lol well deserved.

Nah, no snake oil here, I always use chevron or Shell 93oct. only never even at the hardest finance times. I bought this 04' A4 for 7,000.00 because if miles. Whoever before me was the moron that might of use snake oil..

she all fine now.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

the oil additive and fuel injector cleaner you used are both snake oil garbage. top tier fuel has more than enough detergents to keep everything soot free. mobil 1 FTW too.

i used to use all kinds of snake oil on my first car (very used and neglected taurus) and it made things worse.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

whatcha think about Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic oil...? and fram oil filters?

I don't really have time anymore to change my own oil, so I take it to a Jiffy Lube for fluid changes. Really the only place other than an Audi shop, down here it's hard to find a shop that would even touch the plug; being famous for breaking easy.

The car is at 129,857 miles, i bought it with 107000 1 year ago, the car fax shows it was a lease and the Collection Miami serviced the car as suggested. So for 7K i grabbed the A4 and it's really a project car for me. Looks like new, rides like new. and the only repair so far was the rear coolant flange ......

bored thought i'd share... lol

Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Certified

Was it the stuff you poured into the tank or did you run the cleaner thru the manifold....?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nexusgroove
whatcha think about Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic oil...? and fram oil filters?

I don't really have time anymore to change my own oil, so I take it to a Jiffy Lube for fluid changes. Really the only place other than an Audi shop, down here it's hard to find a shop that would even touch the plug; being famous for breaking easy.

The car is at 129,857 miles, i bought it with 107000 1 year ago, the car fax shows it was a lease and the Collection Miami serviced the car as suggested. So for 7K i grabbed the A4 and it's really a project car for me. Looks like new, rides like new. and the only repair so far was the rear coolant flange ......

bored thought i'd share... lol
mobil 1 all the way. i used mobil 1 in my old mustang and when i took apart the engine everything was pristine. as for filters, nothing is better than the OEM Mann. pick one up at the dealership and it shouldn't cost much more than the fram.

i take my cars to the dealership for oil changes. it's the same price as the lube shops and the dealership knows the car inside and out.

Quick Reply: FUEL Injector Cleaners!!!!! FML