B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Lost every single key including the valet HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default Lost every single key including the valet HELP!!!

Hey guys,

Just got back from the dealer and picked up my new key but since I don't even have the valet key can someone PLEASE tell me if I can program the immobilizer chip to sync with my 2001.5-2002 A4 (built in Sept 2001) using VAG COM. I have the real VCDS cable from Ross Tech and not the cheapie Ebay cable. I know that it can't be done on the B7's and it definitely needs to go to the dealer but Can someone confirm that it CAN be done with the B6 and if possible direct me to the site(s) that tell me how to do it.

Cheers and thanks

P.S. I'm not looking for instructions on how to get the doors to unlock using the FOB.... I'll tackle that later. What I really need RIGHT NOW is to get the car started and get it home.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:55 AM
1st Gear

you need an SKC code to log in but Audi wont give that info out. you must tow the car to the dealer and have them code the key to the car.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

Actually I paid a locksmith to get me the SKC code and match the key to the immobilizer. It cost me 185 but he drove out to where my car was and did it all from his van. My dealership wanted me to tow the car over and after I had paid them full price, they wanted to charge me another 60 bucks to match the key. When I asked if they would give me the SKC code seeing as how it IS my car and fully paid off they gave me some bullshit line about how Audi won't release that info for security reasons; And yet a locksmith can EASILY retrieve the code...

Lovely to know that Audi dealerships don't extend any courtesies to their customers. Mark Motors can go **** themselves.

Last edited by Pablo_Ottawa; 09-19-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:42 AM
2nd Gear

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up.. If you need a new key cut with the fob, DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER!!!! They will charge you the price of the key PLUS the cost to program it. All in all about 250+ IF you don't have to pay to have the car towed.

Call these guys first!!!

City Locksmith - Products - Automotive

If they have your key in stock they will cut it and program it for a fraction of the cost. The dealership may be cost effective for a few things but DEFINITELY not when it comes to keys!!!!

We also have a brand new Hyundai Santa Fe with the Key and fob combined.The fob has a proximity transponder as the car is push-start. When I called my Hyundai Dealership (Bank Street Hyundai) they wanted 700 bucks to replace the key and fob and program it. I then did some shopping around and found these guys.

http://www.keylessride.com/order/quo...&frid=2F3D0C02

The cost is 189 for FOB AND key, and the locksmith I used for the Audi said they'd program it for 55 bucks.

Moral of the story, DON'T LOSE YOUR KEYS and if you do, DON'T GO TO THE DEALERSHIP.

In the end I found my keys a week and 352 bucks later but I now have a brand new Audi key and a new life lesson.