B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Mirror Memory screwy

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Mirror Memory screwy

We own an 2004 Cabriolet Quattro. My wife and I have two different settings for our seat and mirror adjustments. She is the primary driver so once things are set for her they can stay that way for days. Whenever I get in the car I push my memory position and at least 50% of the time, the passenger sideview mirror seems to go wherever it pleases, sometimes seeming to go into the reverse mode even when the switch is in the middle position. At times it will give me a view of the sky, others of the ground and yet others of the side of the car. Occasionally even if I manually place it to an acceptable position, as soon as I let go of the dial it will return to the totally wrong spot. I've tried resetting the memory several times but no luck. Is this something I'm the only one suffering from or are there others with the same problem? Since it's sporadic taking it to the dealer is almost a waste of time.

I don't know if there's any relationship but oftentimes when we put the top down the A/C settings will change as well. sometimes shutting off completely and others changing the temperature preset. I do have a certified used car warranty on the car until sometime in '09 so getting it repaired shouldn't cost me, but I don't want to waste my time with the dealer if all I'm going to get is "we can't find it" or "they all do that".

Old 10-26-2008, 03:12 AM

um the mirror adjustment thing happened to me once before. i was on the highway at night and noticed that i couldnt see any cars in my mirrors but i knew they were there. i kept hitting my memory buttons and nothing happened. that's when i noticed it was aimed up in the air for some reason. after i got home and turned the car off and on it fixed itself. not sure what the problem waS...

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

That's the problem. It bares itself with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it works fine and others, it decides what I should be seeing! However it NEVER changed its mind after I started driving.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

My 2004 A4 quattro 3.0 is doing the same thing when I still have valid warranty. I went back to dealer couple times for this issue but they couldn't find any problems. I pretty much just live with it. Luckily my wife rarely drives my car so 99% of the time I don't have to change memory position.