B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Need help, Car jerks on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
1st Gear
Default same problem here

hi, i am from malaysia.
my 2004 B6 which i bought late 2010 is giving me the same problem.
cold start no problem, after about 30mins driving, it will jerk at 1500-1800RPM.
-replaced one way valve
-replaced MAF
-replaced coil pack
doesnt solve the problem.

now the transmission is giving some grinding sound when accelerating even at cold start, does this mean that the transmission is also going to die soon?
mine is 1.8T, 6speed CVT. 8E type

Old 02-03-2014, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

having the same problem and instead of making a new thread, let's resurrect this unsolved thread!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by fg_carz18
having the same problem and instead of making a new thread, let's resurrect this unsolved thread!
I forgot all about this thread, I ended up having to get the TCM replaced. Cost around $2, 000 which I actually just got a check from Audi a few days ago from the CVT settlement.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

Hello guys and gals .. Recently purchased an audi a3 04 1.6l which is loosing power in 2nd gear (not always) sometimes the epc light comes on but again not always, iv also noticed drips on my driveway looks oily but more watered down if that makes sense.. any ideas its driving me mad and also the other day whilst revving it alot of thick smoke came from exhaust took it to garage they did a test to check for head gasket going or gone but all seemed fine... HELLLP its driving me mad ;( feel iv been ripped off and just want to get my car sorted out now

Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Default My audi struggling

Hi guys and gals. My Audi A4 B5 2000 model non turbo, is giving me problems.. Whenever I reached like 3000-4000 rpms my car would jerk and bout 3days ago it wouldnt go faster than 70km/h. So I took it to mechanics and they scanned it so a whole lot of faults came up such as, labda sensor Oxygen sensor, throttle body, and something like Air out of tollerance or so and Engine control unit. Now we unplugged everything from air box to throttle body and cleaned all the pluggs, we plugged it all back and cleared the faults and scanned again. Just ECU comes up nw, bt then when unplugged Airflow sensor and she revs up nicely bt idles shitty, when we plug it back it will idle bt not rev up? Any ideas pls guys? I reeeeaallly need my car running asap

Old 03-17-2018, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by beginner28
hi, i am from malaysia.
my 2004 B6 which i bought late 2010 is giving me the same problem.
cold start no problem, after about 30mins driving, it will jerk at 1500-1800RPM.
-replaced one way valve
-replaced MAF
-replaced coil pack
doesnt solve the problem.

now the transmission is giving some grinding sound when accelerating even at cold start, does this mean that the transmission is also going to die soon?
mine is 1.8T, 6speed CVT. 8E type
Hi beginner 28, did you solve the problem on your car? I'm having the same issue on mine

Old 03-17-2018, 03:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Help!!

Has anyone fix the issue on their Cars? Mine is having the same problems as described in the other post!
I hope someone could help me!
thanks

Old 01-26-2019, 10:34 AM
Default Jerk on acceleration ..Audi

Hello guys .. I m sorry I m not so good in English hope u can understand my words i have an Audi TT 1.8 L manual 6gear 2001model here in Dubai
I had same problem before even in 1st or 2nd gear my car jerkson acceleration and feeling like ingine was going to off mechanic said it's the problem of coils or spark plugs so I changed both things but no benefit so I decided to do an experiment on that I changed the air flow sensor which is located just beside the air filter 😂 and my car starts running smoothly ...I don't know that it will work in ur car or not but for me this tricks worked perfectly.... thnx

Last edited by REHBAR AHSAN KHAN; 01-26-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

My car was doing the same thing just recently. Replaced the turbo charger because it had a crack in the housing, but, after that it strarted jerking and stuttering when I tried to accelerate....

Turned out that the hose was not connected to the diaphragm at the front of the turbo. Check to make sure it has an airtight fit and there are no cracks or cuts in the hose.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Emmanuel A4B52000
Hi guys and gals. My Audi A4 B5 2000 model non turbo, is giving me problems.. Whenever I reached like 3000-4000 rpms my car would jerk and bout 3days ago it wouldnt go faster than 70km/h. So I took it to mechanics and they scanned it so a whole lot of faults came up such as, labda sensor Oxygen sensor, throttle body, and something like Air out of tollerance or so and Engine control unit. Now we unplugged everything from air box to throttle body and cleaned all the pluggs, we plugged it all back and cleared the faults and scanned again. Just ECU comes up nw, bt then when unplugged Airflow sensor and she revs up nicely bt idles shitty, when we plug it back it will idle bt not rev up? Any ideas pls guys? I reeeeaallly need my car running asap
Sounds like the MAF needs to be replaced then. Try cleaning the sensor off with MAF cleaner. You can get it from any AUtozone or O'Reilly's (if you are here in the states).

Quick Reply: Need help, Car jerks on acceleration