B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

noice under rear right wheel (under body)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Default noice under rear right wheel (under body)

Guys, I recently bought a 2002 A4 1.8T FWD. I would like to know what's wrong, as in the recent past few weeks, once I start my car I can hear squealing noise under the body close to the rear right wheel. I can hear this noise even when the car is stationary but once I turn off the engine there is no noise. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: noice under rear right wheel (under body)

Maybe i have a whole in your exhaust???

Old 04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Maybe the fuel pump or filter, there is a recall on the fuel pump so you should see your dealer to see if it has been done.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

I am not an expert, but I may rule out the exhaust problem because sometimes the noice would stop (when the car is running). And I kind of support the fuel pump/filter issue, that's because the noise becomes more when I fill my gas tank to its brim.

Anyways that's for the quick response, and I would like to get more input on this so that when I go to the dealer I will be in a better position to explain.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: audiprotein

Maybe i have a whole in your exhaust???
You think it would be an exhust leak?? I was thinking more of a fuel issue. Fuel pump might be going out???

Old 04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

I believe James and captin are right... can you guys provide more information this...

Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Have you been experiencing any stalling with your car? Or when you let off the gas does it feel like you're losing power and about to stall?

Also, what type of fuel are you pumping?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

A more generic answer for losing power is NO. But the problem may be related to another problem in the car, I recently did a full clutch work, and after this, when i am starting from a stand still on 1st gear i will have to rev up the engine to get a good start, this gets even worse when i am starting with more than 2 passengers in the car. What i mean is, I feel as if i am going to stall so I use more eng. revs to keep me rolling.

I have been using the most expesive version of gas most of the time. (I believe it is 91oct)...

Old 04-17-2008, 02:28 PM

Im not too sure about having to rev up the engine to get a good start.... but, My answer is remains -----fuel pump. You're looking at 300-450 for a fuel pump depending on the quality you buy.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

What kind of noise do you hear? Is it a ticking noise or buzzing noise or something else? I'm experiencing a ticking noise around the same place on my car as well... still I don't know what it is.

Quick Reply: noice under rear right wheel (under body)