B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Parts christmas list

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Parts christmas list

Hey guys, i just got my a4 and been doing a ton of reading on here and i have come up with a parts list of things i want to get granted most of them are off ebay i think they are the ones actually acceptable to get on there so please take a look and let me know if i should go a different dirrection thanks alot
steve

when i bought the car the inside trim had alot of scratches i have never used this stuff but figured it was worth a should
12" x 50" 32 cm x 127 cm Black Wrap Sheet 3D Twill Weave Carbon Fiber Vinyl | eBay

I read most FMIC are about equal name brand or not so i found this all in one fit hoping it will help keep the air alittle cooler i know it won't make a noticable hp difference but the tubing will look nice and take up some of the room in the empty engine bay
Turbo Intercooler Pipe Kit C R Audi A4 Passat Golf 1 8T | eBay

i read this is really the only way to go with a upgrade on the dv
Genuine Seat Dump Valve 'The 710N' Latest Version DV | eBay

Can't afford a full exhuast hoping this is a cheap option on making it roar a tad bit more going to look into local custom exhuast too, this should be a direct bolt on no mods needed correct? and hopefully shouldn't pull a CEL
96 05 Audi A4 1 8T 96 01 VW Passat 1 8T Stainless Steel Test Down Pipe | eBay

Still on the fence about the cone air filter or the k&n, the come will help dress up the engine bay alittle but would have to improve the heat shield would love to get more sound out of the turbo so i could do a cheese grater, take out sound deadening material and 02 03 04 05 Audi A4 K N Air Filter 1 8L 2 4L New | eBay
or
Audi A4 VW Passat B5 B5 5 1 8T 94 05 Turbo Induction Intake Pipe Silicone Hose | eBay

hoping to get some solid feedback here just a everything looks good or your a complete retard would be awesome
with a k&n filter and a costume heat shield.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to turbo spool. I haven't done anything to my car, it's bone stock and I hear turbo spool just fine, even on the inside of the cabin with the windows up. It was the same with my 03'. A new air intake I hear is complete useless. I've seen several times that you should just drop in a k & n air filter and remove the sound deadening material if you want more noise. I want the carbonio strictly to dress up he engine bay. But that is on the bottom of the list.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by fire5414
I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to turbo spool. I haven't done anything to my car, it's bone stock and I hear turbo spool just fine, even on the inside of the cabin with the windows up. It was the same with my 03'. A new air intake I hear is complete useless. I've seen several times that you should just drop in a k & n air filter and remove the sound deadening material if you want more noise. I want the carbonio strictly to dress up he engine bay. But that is on the bottom of the list.
I guess i may have been unclear.. i don't expect to get lots of hp out of this if i was going to go with the cone design i would upgrade to that thicker insulated piping and put up a better heat sheild too. but as for now my plan is to drop in the k&n and just take out the sound deadening material so we are in agreement. as for turbo spool i guess i can't hardly hear mine even with the window down.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

three post multiple veiws not a single ******* help was given this forum rocks!!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

I won't call you a retard, but I think you have a bit of misdirected spending going on.

An upgraded intercooler is not necessary until such time as you at least chip the car - at stock boost levels, it really won't help in any significant way. Also, you get what you pay for - in that case, I can see just from the pictures at your link that it's a very low density core, which means that its cooling capacity is quite limited. If you want to put together your own kit at a reasonable price and get something that's actually useful, look at treadstone intercoolers - it'll cost you more than the $159 that one is listing at, but it'll be a high density core sized appropriately to your application, and it'll be less than what you'd spend on a "real" intercooler from Racetec or Evolution Racewerks.

The 710N DV is the way to go for a reasonably priced DV upgrade. That said, I think ECS has an equal or better price once you figure out the exchange rate, and they're in the USA, so you won't have to wait for shipping from the UK. (This presumes you're in the USA somewhere, of course.)

I would recommend against a test pipe unless you're getting the car tuned to allow for it, as it'll likely throw a CEL as a result.

The silicone TIP is also not necessary with the stock turbo.

For the price of all that stuff ($450-ish plus shipping), I'd just order the 710n from ECS (roughly $50 with shipping) and then go to MotozaPerformance for a stage 1 tune ($350, and in addition to the tune, it gets you code reading/clearing and logging capabilities). That will actually save you in the neighborhood of $50, which you can put toward your next oil change or whatever.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

thank you SOO much it is nice to just get some answers.
with the upgraded dv will it be louder than stock?
as for the motozaperformance do you just plug that into you car and it flash tunes the ecu or do you have to do everything yourself?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by smtroupe
thank you SOO much it is nice to just get some answers.
with the upgraded dv will it be louder than stock?
as for the motozaperformance do you just plug that into you car and it flash tunes the ecu or do you have to do everything yourself?
The 710n probably won't make much of a difference in terms of sound; it's just a more robust unit, built to handle higher boost pressures than the stock one. It (or something even better/more expensive, like a Forge, APR, or Synchronic unit) is basically required for ANY tune you might get, as the stock one is known to fail quickly as soon as you crank up the boost.

Motoza sends you a cable to connect your car to your laptop and a flash drive with their software on it. They then send you a base tune, you use your laptop and the cable to flash the new tune into your car, do some logs, email those back, and they fine tune the tune for your car and send you the updated file. Rinse & repeat this process until you're satisfied with where it's at.