B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Are you in need of exhaust recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:13 AM
1st Gear
Default Are you in need of exhaust recomendations?

Car: 2003 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods: stage 1, K&N high performance air filter, turbo back exhaust

Just finished my exhaust finally, and it sounds titty!
Went with a three inch turbo back set up deleting the cat. It runs into a vibrant resonator where it then Y's off into two magnaflow 14851's. Let me tell you it screams when you get on it in the most awesome way possible.

Just posting this because a lot of people seem to always want to know what set up they should go with, as did I. I had it custom bent and installed for all around 500 dollars. If your considering a exhaust on a budget but want high quality non ricer sound, this may be your best option. Super low and quite when your cruising, but when you get on it it growls with some anger.

If anyone is interested in sound clips LMK and ill post one. Again just posting for the people who get overwhelmed with all the options available. This was a budget friendly way to get a nice expensive sounding set up that will most definitely please the ears.

P.s.: 3 inches is not overkill in any way!!!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

would like some sound clips :-) thats awesome you found an exhaust that has best of both worlds. quiet and sporty... have you noticed anything else while doing this? such as fuel economy or how it drives?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tofast2belast
would like some sound clips :-) thats awesome you found an exhaust that has best of both worlds. quiet and sporty... have you noticed anything else while doing this? such as fuel economy or how it drives?
No doubt, ill have one up by tonight; Just have to locate my camera. I have noticed definite power gains! It spools quicker with less lag, then around 4 grand it goes from a deep tone to an angry growling sound much louder. For fuel economy, just depends how you drive. If i milk it old lady style i can push high twenties, sometimes thirty-thirty one....but the way I have been driving since I got it makes that hard lol.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Wangwazu
No doubt, ill have one up by tonight; Just have to locate my camera. I have noticed definite power gains! It spools quicker with less lag, then around 4 grand it goes from a deep tone to an angry growling sound much louder. For fuel economy, just depends how you drive. If i milk it old lady style i can push high twenties, sometimes thirty-thirty one....but the way I have been driving since I got it makes that hard lol.
haha i know what you mean.. i drove it hard when i first got it, then made a 200mi trip yesterday shifting like a granny and the slowest accel ever.. like people getting pissed behind trying to pass... i managed to get 33mpg by the end of the trip. i dont know how accurate the ~ mileage per tank thing is but it said i could do 555mi if i continued

Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

Is your car flashed??? I have the exact same exhaust setup. I purchased the car that way, but I think it would of spooled quicker with stock dp.. By the way wat size is the stock dp?