B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi of America snubbed me!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi of America snubbed me!

I've been considering the lemon law, and was moreso when they couldn't resolve my alignment issues. On the 5th try they finally got it so I was very generous. I have a spreadsheet of every call and have records of all email exchanges. I also have all of the service records indicating the time the car was in the shop. I did mention I would talk to my attorney (I have one) to the Audi of America rep and she didn't flinch. I'm sure lots of people use that when they are pissed off. I'm going to call them again right now to leave a message.

The creaking is coming from the door jams in both rear doors, as well as the entire headliner near the curtain airbags. It is worse when the interior of the car has been in the sun. Thus in the summer it is very noticeable.

The window trim was bad when I bought the car, it was raining the day I picked it up so I couldn't tell that very day. But the next day I saw it and brought the car in. I have a record of this.

So far I've had the rear passenger window replaced because it came with gouges in it from some type of sharp device, when they replaced it they put a few marks in the window trim and now the door rattles. The alignment has been done 5 times and is finally OK. The wheels/tires have been completely replaced once (during the alignment process) and now are out of balance. The engine has a hard start sometimes and the car rattles like a 1960s SS Chevelle (well, ok, not that bad... but moreso than I would expect for a brand new $40k german car.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Well the info is off to my attorney and to a lemon law attorney. We shall see what happens. I will keep you all posted.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: bigsnowdog

ORIGINAL: ocadam

The creaking noise is a common problem.
What is this creaking noise? What causes it, where is it coming from?

It is common for autobody structures to creak or make noise in extreme cold, but I gather that is not the situation here.
I notcive my car creeks after a drastic climate change. I hear it in the front pillars usually.

Good Luck Greene with your problems.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. Yeah. Mine creaks when it is cold outside and when it is hot. If I don't have the stereo on it is obnoxious. I have very sensitive hearing.