B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Audi very picky about weather temperature. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi very picky about weather temperature. Please help

Going to try and keep this short but there's a lot to say. I'll start with this past winter for about 4 months my 2007 Audi A4 FWD 50000 miles would not start all winter long. It was a crank no start issue. I didn't nothing but fiddle around with some things and the best I could ever get it to do would be to start and then sputter out and die again. As spring approached it was a little warmer out one day and I had read somewhere that somebody was experiencing issues starting their car when it was cold out. Sure enough I went out to start the car it fired right up ran rough for a couple minutes and then Smooths out and was fine and I've been driving it all summer since. However on mornings when it's below say 51° I can tell why it won't start and that's because the fuel pump doesn't start to Prime. You turn the key you don't hear it. You open the door you don't hear it. After cycling the key from off to on off to on amount of times finally you'll hear the pump start to wine and Prime and then the car will start. Sometimes it runs kind of rough but for the most part you're good to go. Now where I live it has been in the mid-90s and the car has started to run like garbage. It's almost like a vacuum leak when you're at a stop when you accelerate it is totally bog down very sluggish and then all the sudden it just catches up and goes real quick. And then later in the evening when it cools down. I understand there's got to be some issues with a component here or there but how the hell can the temperature outside be the determining factor for whether the car wants to perform or not? Are these that sensitive of a car? My car is now known as the fair weather Audi. I took a snap of blogs after I ran it and here are the current faults.
VIN: WAUAF78E57Al17635
Car: Audi A4
Year: 2007
Body type: Saloon
Mileage: 97830 KM

OI Engine

System description: 2.01 R4/4V TFSI
Software number: 8E0910115P
Software version: 0020
Hardware number: 8E0907115D
Long coding: 0104010A02070120

Trouble codes:
P2279 - Intake Air System Leak Lower limit not reached
static

Priority: 0
Frequency counter: I
Driving cycle: 255
Mileage: 97768 km

P0480 - Cooling Fan I Control Circuit Upper limit exceeded
I ntermitt ent
P21 77 - System too lean off idle, Bank I Upper limit exceeded
static
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected Implausible signal
I ntermitt ent
P0304 - Cyl.4 Misfire Detected Implausible signal
I ntermitt ent
P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Higher than Expected Upper limit

exceeded
I ntermitt ent
P1250 - Fuel level too low Implausible signal
static

if someone could please give me some insight if they know what this problem is or problems I should say. I would think that the fuel pump is fine given its low miles and from what I've always experienced in cars is if it's a bad fuel pump it's a bad fuel pump the temperature outside isn't going to determine whether it runs or not. I'm hoping that this could all be connected to one thing like a bad sensor somewhere? Is there a sensor that's going to stop it from starting when it's cold and make it run like s*** when it's hot? Thank you for your help