B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Bi-Xenon autolevelling issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Bi-Xenon autolevelling issue

So, my old factory Bi-Xenon headlights had some issues (burnt lenses, one semi-broken levelling motor, broken adjustment screws on one side), so I said I might replace them altogether.

I found someone online, and bought a pair of headlights from him. I got home, a friend installed the headlights.

Afterwards, I saw that the auto-leveling function was not working anymore. I said it wasn’t an issue, just have to relearn their “delivery position” again.

So, I got the VCDS out and I tried to do that, but I get the following errors.

01534 - Control Circuit for Left Headlight Range Adjusting Motor (V48)

01535 - Control Circuit for Right Headlight Range Adjusting Motor (V49)

01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted: No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

Output test: can’t perform any test – can’t remember exactly what was the exact error, but in the last tab there was an error code (?) - 7F 22 22

Basic settings: In the second tab there was written “Invalid”

All right, I said not such a big issue, the levelling motors are broken, I’ll replace them. So I took my car to a guy that repairs broken headlights, tail lights, basically who works with headlights. He looked at them and told me that the headlights I’ve bought have “levelling motors for adaptive headlights” (having 4 wires instead of 2, as the old ones have), and it’s only normal to get these errors, since the car didn’t have factory fitted adaptive headlights. My car had factory fitted Bi-Xenon headlights, but non-adaptive (they would auto level up-down when starting the engine).

Now, if the guy that sold me the headlights, indeed sent me adaptive headlights, is there any VCDS coding I need to do? – that is, if the levelling motors are not defective.

Do I have to change my headlight range control module ? Mine has the code 8P0 907 357 B – with one that has the code 4F0 907 357 E?

Or, even if they were adaptive, they should have at least levelled up-down, just like the old ones, and I get those errors because they are indeed broken?

Old 03-06-2019, 06:34 AM
1st Gear

Okay, so I found a part number for the right headlight: 8E0 941 030 BB. Looking up online, I find other headlights that indeed are adaptive.
Now, how can I check only the functionality of the levelling motors? Shouldn't have the leveling worked at least up-down?