B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Bluetooth Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth Resource Thread

Couldn't find a similar thread about it so I thought I'd start it.

I have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro w/ Bluetooth, Bose Symphony Stereo & XM Sat. Radio, but NO NAV.

Official Audi Website:
http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/t...luetooth_.html

How do to find out if you have bluetooth:
The surest way to tell is to remove the lower trim panel at the bottom where the driver-side door is and pull the carpet up and you should see a black box. the module and antenna is in the box.
If you have the technology package, you have it.
TBT Technology Package w/ Bluetooth - $1,775
Bi-Xenon headlights; Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor active; Driver and passenger door mirrors with automatic operation; Electric foldable mirrors; Memorized adjustment with four settings on door mirror position with six driver's seat positions; Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel; Bluetooth phone preparation; Voice activating system includes phone; Requires: [WB6] Sunroof Package And [WPX] Premium Package
Check to see if you have a cradle interface in the bottom of your armrest. (not necessarily required)
Name:  audi-armrest.jpg
Views: 11008
Size:  18.6 KB

How to connect to bluetooth:
- Switch on the ignition
- Switch on your cell phone and, if needed, enter the correct PIN
- Select the menu option on the cell phone which looks for Bluetooth-capable devices (pairing mode)
- Connect the cell phone to the cell phone package you find (Audi UHV XXXX)
- Enter the Bluetooth PIN for the cell phone package within 30 seconds. The Bluetooth PIN is 1234 (also known as the pairing code).
- Wait until your cell phone shows that the connection has been established.

Phonebook
Once it's connected, allow 1-2 minutes for it to sync the phonebook. After 1-2 minutes, press the mode button on the left of the steering wheel, it should go to the first contact in your phonebook. If after 5 minutes it still says "Please Wait" your phonebook might not be compatible.
/P: private phone number
/W: work phone number
/M: mobile phone number
Max# of Phonebook Entries: 500
Max# of Phones: 4
When the fifth phone is added, the phone that has been inactive the longest is disconnected.

Do you need a cradle?
No. Bluetooth is a wireless protocol, the cradle allows for the charging of the phone, that's it. It may minimally improve signal, but not guaranteed, plus the cradles are not made for newer phones and can be expensive.

Compatibility List
Samsung Alias SCH–u740 (works + phonebook) *not listed on Audi*
Samsung SCH i760
LG Chocolate (works + phonebook)
Apple iPhone (works + phonebook)
Motorola V750 (works + phonebook)

*in theory the bluetooth should work with any cell phone that has bluetooth capability, but not all phonebooks are guaranteed to work*

Bluetooth® Compatibility/Audi Phone Preparation with Bluetooth (35 kB)
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0040.File.pdf

What to do if the bluetooth sounds are too loud/soft?
WHILE you hear the voice or tone, use the volume control on the steering wheel to adjust the volume of that voice or tone.

OEM Installation
http://www.audiforum.us/multimedia/2...n-audi-a4.html

Last edited by prospero; 05-04-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: /
Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for putting this thread together.

My WinMo 6.1 phone (Samsung SCH i760) works with my A4's BT system for dialing. I have a WinMo application for Cellular LD which uses a "dial around" for cheap international calls. It works with the A4's BT.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

No problem. If you have a working phone, post what phone and whether the phonebook feature is working and I'll add it to my list (if it isn't already on the Audi official list)

Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Memorized adjustment with four settings on door mirror position with six driver's seat positions;

Can someone explain that more? I have that option but dont know what it means.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 PM

The OEM bluetooth has worked great with my iPhone. I cannot get it to work with my Girlfriend's Palm Treo 755p.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jowie4
Memorized adjustment with four settings on door mirror position with six driver's seat positions;

Can someone explain that more? I have that option but dont know what it means.
This allows you to save the seat position and outside mirror adjustments for 4 different people.

To set it: adjust the seat and mirrors to your liking. Make certain that "Stop" is not pushed. Push "Mem" and while holding it down, push one of the 4 numbers. Hold both for at least one second and release.

Repeat the same with other driver(s). When another driver opens the door and sits down, they push their number and the seats and mirrors will automatically adjust.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brooks
This allows you to save the seat position and outside mirror adjustments for 4 different people.

To set it: adjust the seat and mirrors to your liking. Make certain that "Stop" is not pushed. Push "Mem" and while holding it down, push one of the 4 numbers. Hold both for at least one second and release.

Repeat the same with other driver(s). When another driver opens the door and sits down, they push their number and the seats and mirrors will automatically adjust.
I have an 07 A4 FWD, with all the goodies except for the Nav and bose speakers. I have the bi xenon, bluetooth, both power fronts seats, but I don't have the memory seating for some reason. Where is it located? All I see are the trunk, gas buttons by the door, and another with the pic of a car slipping.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jowie4
I have an 07 A4 FWD, with all the goodies except for the Nav and bose speakers. I have the bi xenon, bluetooth, both power fronts seats, but I don't have the memory seating for some reason. Where is it located? All I see are the trunk, gas buttons by the door, and another with the pic of a car slipping.
Well it's right there with those buttons that you mentioned, so if you don't see it, then you don't have it.

And the tilted car button turns off the tilt sensors for your alarm. That way if you jack your car up it won't go off.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:16 AM

Now, after a successful threadjack, I'll try to get it back on subject...

I have a Motorola V750, and the bluetooth works perfectly. Comes on when I turn on the car, works the phonebook, dials and receives calls.

I don't have the dock inside my armrest...

Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 AM

I have an Apple iPhone 3G and it works perfectly.

One question though, how does it handle multiple phones in respect to phonebooks? Does it store the settings per driver setting or what?

I have a collection of old phone I could test with if anyone is curious: HTC 8125, HTC 8525, HTC, 8925, Sony Ericsson P910a and I think I even have an old Motorola Windows Mobile Smartphone (the model eludes me right now).

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Resource Thread