B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Default Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

I have a 2008 A4 with Navigation.

I have the 6 disc changer in the glove box.

I was told i cannot have an aux IPOD connection installed...its either the CD changer or the IPOD...

Is this true???

Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

ORIGINAL: HeadHunter

I have a 2008 A4 with Navigation.

I have the 6 disc changer in the glove box.

I was told i cannot have an aux IPOD connection installed...its either the CD changer or the IPOD...

Is this true???
I'm not sure about that, I have A4 2008, but no Navigation, with 6 disc CD changer + IPOD connection, and works good. The only problem is I cannot see song titles on the display from IPOD.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2008 A4 with 6 disk changer + ipod hook up and it works great. I think the only reason the ipod will not work with the nav + 6 disk changeris because the ipod hook up is right were the 6 disk changer is when there is navigation in the car.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Ya I think its one or the other. I have 2008 A4 with Nav and ipod no 6 disk changer. I found out after I bought the car

Old 03-05-2008, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

I wanted to get the iPod interface installed on my new A4, but I was told that if I had Audi techs do it, they would disconnect my Sirius, because it uses the same port. It might be similar in this case.

One thing you could probably do, go to a custom stereo shop and have it installed, they would probably use a Y-split cable to hook up both.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:56 AM

OK well I know that I have never posted on here...but I just bought a 2006 A4 2.0T Automatic. Currently I am a Manufacturing Engineer at Webasto Roof Systems (we are the exclusive "roofing supplier" to Audi). However before Webasto I installed car stereo's to pay my way through college. I was very good...voted 53rd best in the country by MECP magazine (Sports Illustraded of Car Audio).

Anywho after all of that. The stock radios in cars work like this. You have the basic FM/AM and CD processors in the headunit. Now if you have an external CD changer or SAT radio that is all you can have. Basically your radio has the radio and cd functions...the external cd or sat radio is plugged into the "aux port." You have one or the other. Now if you have one of those 2 if you buy an ipod adapter you will lose whatever one you have.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 PM
rmh
1st Gear

My A4 doesn't have the Nav package, but it has the 6-disc (in-dash) and iPod (in the glove box), my lovely bride's A6 Avant has the Nav package, the 6-disc (in the glove box) *and* the iPod dongle in the glove box.

Can't speak for the 3 of 'em in the 4 series, but the 6 series definitely has all 3. We used them all this past weekend when we drove the A6 Avant to the in-laws for the Easter family gathering.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

basically with nav its: nav with 6 disc cd changer
nav with ipod interface.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A4...kyle...08

basically with nav its: nav with 6 disc cd changer
nav with ipod interface.
Its the same with nav as with the 6 disc in-dash changer. The problem arises with the glovebox option. For the A4 the 6 disc changer that lives in the glove box is in the same place as the ipod adapter would be, so whether you get the navi or the regular head unit, your glove box option will always be the 6 disc changer or the ipod.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

I had the same problem. Ipod or Sirius. I found a site that makes a splitter cable. I bought the AUDI SAT PASS 2 (I have a 2007 2.0T). It took me about 2 hours to install (you have to run the cable from the back of the stereo to the trunk, where the SAT receiver is). I have had it since last summer, and it works great. I can have SAT and iPod. Make sure you buy the clips that allow you to remove the stereo too.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...AT_PASS_2.html

they make one for 2007-2008 and one for previous years. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??