B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Finally got my B7! (Pics ;) )

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:05 AM
2nd Gear
Default Finally got my B7! (Pics ;) )

Hello B7 sub-section and fellow B7ers! After a couple months of searching for the right B7 and researching buying one with the help of you guys, I finally have achieved a 3 year dream and bought a B7

I introduce to you: Lenore. She's a 2007 2.0tQ6M, deep sea pearl blue metallic on black interior. So far, she's bone stock, but will be modified to my taste soon Unlike my B5, I'm going form over function first with the B7; there's a good handful of them running around these parts so I want to make mine stand apart from the rest before getting into the performance (not to mention cosmetic stuff is a tad lighter on my wallet haha)

I look forward to getting to know all of you as I continue the journey with this wonderful make of car. As my B5 is a 2.8, I am completely unfamiliar with the majority of boost quips so I'm sure I'll be around frequently through the next weeks double checking noises that sound weird to me but could be completely normal for a boosted car, things that move that look like they shouldn't, but do because that's just how the 2.0t design is, as well as opinions on the visual stuff I have in mind

That said, here she is!

Rear rings (macro focus on the rings):

Front rings (planning to swap the grille with an RS4 style one, and when that comes, the bracket will be for a Euro plate):

My buddy made the cruise through my local hills with me in his Z4:

Factory installed bi-xenons w/auto-levelling and road tracking feature:

Taking in the mountain sights:

I know, there's wheel gap; it will be assessed shortly:

I think this might be my next sig-pic... lol:

Or maybe this one? Hmm... :

I was going for sort of a "Stig" stance. Naturally, I failed haha:

Another shot of both cars, this one offering a better view of the surrounding scenery. Believe it or not, where these were take is only about 14 miles out of the city:

Blasted power lines/poles totally bork this one; photochop? hehe:

Probably my most favorite shot of the set. I think this shot will be the one I replicate for the various stages of cosmetic goodies:

And thats all for now! I'm hoping to have most of the visual stuff I have planned upgraded to what I want by my birthday in July, so I'll keep this thread updated with opinion requests if I can't decide between two styles of something, and pics of things that are set in stone that need no opinion

Cheers all!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

welcome to the club! the sig pic would be cool except for the bmw in the reflection

Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks! Its great to finally be here lol at the sig pic comment; I agree, but at the same time, in an odd way its almost fitting for it to be in the reflection, almost as a subtle way of hinting that its "in the shadow of Audi superiority" so to speak

Last edited by A4Cragman; 08-22-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

haha good point i think swapping out the grill is a good idea. i like the s-line style with the vertical fins/slats

Old 06-10-2012, 02:38 AM
2nd Gear

Yea, me too; though since I don't have an s-line bumper, most of the more aggressive looking grilles wont work for me :/ but I've been eyeballing this one for a bit now; I can't decide just how much I like it... mostly the line that runs on the side of the rings. I like the mesh design just fine, but I cant decide if I like the way that line looks... thoughts? I was also looking at the DTM RS4 rep one that ECS has that is more of the honeycomb style like OEM, but that one is badgeless and I'd much prefer to keep the rings up front; makes it a little more intimidating to someone in their rear view when you're coming up behind them, IMO.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

Yea that one looks kinda plain. It might be better on your black car though. Looks like you gotta transfer your original rings too

Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

Yea, transferring the original rings is no big; just pop a couple tabs on the backside and they come right out and clip into the new grille. I dunno, we'll see. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I go to order one so we'll see which option grows on me most

Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

cool cool

Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM
2nd Gear

Just wanted to update progress, as a lot got done over the weekend I'm short on pictures at the moment, haven't had a chance to transfer some of the others to the comp, but here's one to start with

Fishbowl status be gone

And I don't want any lip about how dirty she is; I snapped this pic about 10 minutes after the tint was finished and hadn't had a chance to wash her, which I did shortly after this picture, but I wanted to get the picture in the sun and didn't think I'd be done washing her til after the sun had set.

Along with this, I also put in a new snub mount and ITG air filter, as well as LED DRLs (which look FAR superior to a standard 1156 bulb, I'll get a pic up of those as soon as I can) so things are coming along but now I'm broke til the end of the month haha

Cheers!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

lookin good. what shade of tint did ya do?

Quick Reply: Finally got my B7! (Pics ;) )