B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Headlight out warning on dash but headlights work??? Read On

Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Default Headlight out warning on dash but headlights work??? Read On

I just picked up an 05.5 3.2 recently and every day I get a Left Main Headlight Out Warning even though it works. The manual says the warning should go out after 5 seconds but mine stays on the entire time. I have stock xenons and the previous owner had the city lights enabled thru VAG-COM. I've been searching around a bit and found many possible reasons for this warning light one of which is the car was previously lowered.

The bulbs don't flicker and at startup they go thru the aligning process like they should. I took the car to an Indy Audi shop on Friday and had them hook it up and scan for errors/codes. Nothing shows up. But the warning light is still present. He checked all the connections to the headlight housing and that checked out ok too.

I also occasionally get a Right Parking light out warning as well. So there is definitely something screwy with the signals getting sent to the car's warning system.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestions? I have an appt at the dealer on Tuesday but I get the feeling they will just try to replace as many expensive lighting parts as possible even though they work just fine...

btw I have seen quite a few posts about people getting the Dipped Headlight warning but mine is different, it says "Left Main Headlight Beam"

Thanks

Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear

My Daytime running light just went out and I have the same eerror. The main headlights work so no pronlem there. I'm not gonna fork out for 1 Daytime light.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
2nd Gear

If it is the DRL, you can replace the bulb for under $5. You just need an 1156 bulb.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Where are these warnings on the dash board? Recently my
rear brake lights went out, but nothing on the dash (I'm
assuming there is one for the rear brake lights too).
Some electrical problem may be?

Couldn't find any warning symbol in the manual for all these
lights either.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear

Usually a warning light that looks like a light bulb with a big X through it. Pops up on your computer screen on the dash.