B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Important Facts to Know - Sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by asdfghjkl
Hi i've recently bought a 2008 A4 2.0T. Its a FWD with CVT transmission and S-line package (sport suspension).

How would this compete racing against
1. Mustang V6
2. Honda Civic Si
3. Acura RSX-S
4. BMW 328i
.. or any others off the line?
Having just traded in my CVT, that can as long as it is chipped especially stage 2 will beat all of those cars. It should be handily quicker. Hell even the new 305 hp mustangs are not that fast as I just rented one in FL for a week. It was quick but i would not say it was fast. These cars are very fast when the boost is turned up.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by milesnapue
Had a few questions I haven't seen brought up in this sticky.

Has anyone ever of does anyone now use a "Catch Can" instead of the stock PCV or the BSh fix? At present I have replaced the diverter valve with the Rev D, installed the BSH pcv fix.

My next batch of upgrades are going to be Stasis street sport coil overs, H&R sway bars front and rear, 034 motorsports high flow cat, stasis exhaust, carbonio intake, stage 2 chip.

I'm also looking at a pair of aftermarket dual SMIC. Could I possibly get some feedback on what you good people think about these few parts?

Catch Can.

Catch Can Kit, B7 Audi A4 2.0T FSI - 034 MOTORSPORT

Aftermarket Dual SMIC.

Intercooler Kit, B7 2.0T FSI, Dual SMIC - 034 MOTORSPORT

Just wanting to know with my propsed upgrades if either of these would help or possibly hurt or just be a waste of money.

Thanks in advance.
Miles
Catch can may not work with your BSH set up. I would look into it further or get a compatible can. They can catch a lot of goop. They were common on the GTI forums.

As far as the IC your performance to $$ will be better spent on the Fuel Pump upgrade with a stage 2 + program. Then IC's if you have money later. The stock IC setup is fine for stock turbo.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Kris,

Thanks for this thread, I'm using it as a baseline. The BSH pcv fix is the nuts.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

Ok so I just got done reading through all these posts and my problem isn't here. Bought my b7 couple weeks ago with 38-39,000 miles on it. Haven't done any maintenance on it yet. I've noticed that I'm burning a lot of gas. I filled the tank and went on the highway and did a little city driving the filled up a couple days later. Tank was below half but the dash said I had 300 miles to go. It said 350 miles to go the first time i filled up. I'm getting 14 mpg on regular driving, no s mode and I stayed below 65mph. Before I bought the car I researched it gets 20 mpg in the city and 30 hwy. So I'm short 6 mpg. Could any of the sickys contribute to this? I check my oil almost once a week. And it's still at the right level

Also there's a slight vibration from the engine. I don't know what that's about. Is that normal or should there be no vibration at all?

Another issue is that when the engine is cold, it goes into reverse ASAP. But when it's warm there's about a 2-3 second delay. I shift to reverse and even the lights don't come on until after the delay. Is this a tranny issue?

Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

Id put money you have a failed Engine coil pack. When one of mine failed it presented as engine vibration and certainly poor fuel milage with that. Coils were a recall item.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
1st Gear

Ok. That's what I'll change first. Thanks for your input

Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

JUst have a dealer test it or run the vin to see if it was replaced. I would not spend money unless i had to. Or if you buy 1 just move it around to each cylander and see which one makes it run better. Hope thats the issue.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

Well I still want to change it to be on the safe side along with the pcv and cam positioning sensor. Its in the sticky so it's better to be safe than to be sorry. But i will get the repair work from the dealer to see what was done to it before

Old 04-15-2012, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Just joined up.
I've only had my '06 A4 2.0t for about 6months, my first Audi. Drove it and had to have it. Bought it outright with 46K on the clock, now has 55K. My A4 is completely stock for now.

I appreciate the information presented here and will be ordering a cam follower, BSH PCV Revamp, and D valve ASAP.

I have a few other questions, but will hit the search function for a bit first.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

Bought my 06 a4 2.0t about a year ago. Finally pulled the trigger on APR stage 1 yesterday during one of my 10k checkups while also replacing the cam follower (was in pretty good condition, not much wear). Everything was great until today when my engine started shaking really bad while accelerating up to 40mph. CEL started blinking. Pretty sure it's the coil packs. Throughout my lurking here, I've always had more concern over the timing belt and cam follower. Just a heads up if you haven't replaced them, do it.

Quick Reply: Important Facts to Know - Sticky?