B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Squeaking noise driver side front tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Squeaking noise driver side front tire

Hopefully someone on here can help or point me in the right direction. I recently had my front brakes/rotors replaced as well as my Engine mounts. After this was done, 2 weeks later I started hearing this squeaking noise around my front driver side. I had it checked by the shop that did the repairs and they could not find anything. When the car is parked, you put it in R and barely take your foot off the break and go a few feet. When you hit the break the car body shifts a little, then you hear the squeak. Put it in D and take foot off the brake and you can hear it again. It sound like an old Ford when turning the wheel. However, in this case, turning the wheel does not cause the noise unless you are in D or R. I had it looked at by another shop who told me it was the Upper control arm bushings. I had these replaced on both sides by my original shop (whom I trust). After doing this, the squeak is still there. I don't think it is the steering or shocks, as turning the wheel does not make the sound, nor does bouncing the shocks up and down.

Thoughts? The Audi dealer wants $140 to diagnose it. I've already spent $2k getting this other work done....

Car is a 2008 Audi A4 Avant Quattro with ~65K miles.

Thanks!
Blake