B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Advice on A4, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 05:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Advice on A4, 2009

Hi, I'm a new member and just bought my first Audi (2009 A4, premium, 68K miles). I need some advice, here is a little car history:

Current mileage: ~68K
Pistons/ring replaced (due to oil consumption) at: ~67K
Last service (65K) at: ~61K (about a year ago)

I would appreciate advice on:

- Service due light just came on (since last service was ~ year ago (65K)), dealer said 75K service is due, but after talking to them and asking them if it was really needed at this point since they just did the major piston/rings job (which included oil/filter), they said I could wait until 70K. Should I wait until ~75K? This is a major/expensive service an if its not really needed (the car is 68K with major service at 67K) I would prefer to wait. Any advice?

- After the piston/rings job (done ~1K miles ago) should the dealer make any adjustment/revision as part of this major job? should it be covered by the extended warranty or as prt of the job? I looked under the hood today and felt a rattle, that does not feel normal to me, also there seems to be a loose part which also don't know if it is normal or related to the major job done on the engine. Please advice. Here is a video of the sound and part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7iCfV3e1Cs

- I have extended warranty for the turbo (70K miles and soon to expire), sometimes I feel a little boost lag and hesitation but no light with underboost code. What can I do to have the turbo checked for any problems? will driving in sports mode and rough could make the light come up if there is any problem?

- I also have the warranty for the injector (this is up to 120K I think, so I'm not overly concerned), but what are the symptoms for this problem?

- Sometimes I feel the steering wheel vibration at low RPMs but it is not that bad and occasionally, also the wheel seems a little hard when turning, but don't know if Audi's are like that. I know there is a TSB related to this, but would it be repaired for free?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited by jozo; 10-16-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Adding video link
Old 10-17-2015, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jozo
Hi, I'm a new member and just bought my first Audi (2009 A4, premium, 68K miles). I need some advice, here is a little car history:

Current mileage: ~68K
Pistons/ring replaced (due to oil consumption) at: ~67K
Last service (65K) at: ~61K (about a year ago)

I would appreciate advice on:

- Service due light just came on (since last service was ~ year ago (65K)), dealer said 75K service is due, but after talking to them and asking them if it was really needed at this point since they just did the major piston/rings job (which included oil/filter), they said I could wait until 70K. Should I wait until ~75K? This is a major/expensive service an if its not really needed (the car is 68K with major service at 67K) I would prefer to wait. Any advice?

- After the piston/rings job (done ~1K miles ago) should the dealer make any adjustment/revision as part of this major job? should it be covered by the extended warranty or as prt of the job? I looked under the hood today and felt a rattle, that does not feel normal to me, also there seems to be a loose part which also don't know if it is normal or related to the major job done on the engine. Please advice. Here is a video of the sound and part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7iCfV3e1Cs

- I have extended warranty for the turbo (70K miles and soon to expire), sometimes I feel a little boost lag and hesitation but no light with underboost code. What can I do to have the turbo checked for any problems? will driving in sports mode and rough could make the light come up if there is any problem?

- I also have the warranty for the injector (this is up to 120K I think, so I'm not overly concerned), but what are the symptoms for this problem?

- Sometimes I feel the steering wheel vibration at low RPMs but it is not that bad and occasionally, also the wheel seems a little hard when turning, but don't know if Audi's are like that. I know there is a TSB related to this, but would it be repaired for free?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
In the video ( http://youtu.be/J7iCfV3e1Cs) what is the piece that seems to move a little (below the oil filter), is this normal?