B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

crate engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 PM
1st Gear
Default crate engine

If Audi tells me im getting a new engine , "out of the crate with turbo" for an 2009 a4, what year can i expect the engine to be manufactured?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pailum
If Audi tells me im getting a new engine , "out of the crate with turbo" for an 2009 a4, what year can i expect the engine to be manufactured?
If it were a new long block it would be either a 2012 or a 2013. If it is a refurbished then it's anyone's guess.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
1st Gear
Default Crate engine

Thank you for response. At this time I'm waiting for Audi to respond back to my question. It was the entire long block replaced with turbo.I noticed a sticker on a plastic cover dated 1/10/12......this was the result of the oil consumption test that failed. Upon attempting the ring job they discovered the bearings were scored.i bought the car in sept. 2012. my wife noticed it dumping multicolored smoke when i would step on it.Three trips back to the dealer and now audi did me right.Thanks to all who post on audi forum , for the information on the b8 was crucial in my inderstanding of the cars known problems.be persistent and stay informed

Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by pailum
Thank you for response. At this time I'm waiting for Audi to respond back to my question. It was the entire long block replaced with turbo.I noticed a sticker on a plastic cover dated 1/10/12......this was the result of the oil consumption test that failed. Upon attempting the ring job they discovered the bearings were scored.i bought the car in sept. 2012. my wife noticed it dumping multicolored smoke when i would step on it.Three trips back to the dealer and now audi did me right.Thanks to all who post on audi forum , for the information on the b8 was crucial in my inderstanding of the cars known problems.be persistent and stay informed
Please keep us posted as to how the new engine performs. Also what is the oil consumption after the initial break in. Good luck