B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

do the B8's also suffer from the DSG/Mechatronic issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
1st Gear
Default do the B8's also suffer from the DSG/Mechatronic issues?

long story short, my wife's 2010 A4 with about 13K miles on it is doing the whole lurching and hesitation when starting from a stand still.

There is really no easy way to simply lightly press the gas and accelerate smoothly. It's pretty bad when it's wet or on an incline. It rained hard this weekend down here and we did a lot of driving around birmingham with steep slopes and what lots of stop and go in traffic and it was to the point where we were both ready to just scream. If it's on a steep incline, the car will roll back quite a bit before actually going forward (with a sharp lurch) It's bad because if the car behind is too close, the car would roll back into them.

At one point she gave it just a hair too much gas and it felt like someone just doing a high rpm clutch dump on a manual transmission.

That + wet roads = pissed off wife.

I thought that these issues had been taken care of. Are they still having this same problem with these transmissions?

A friend on my street has an R32 with the DSG and he said it's either the mechatronics unit or the brake sensor?

Our main problem is that she lives an hour north of here and the dealership's service department is closed on the weekends so she'd have to miss at minimum, a day of work for them just to look at the car, let alone fix it and her job really doesn't have much room for her to leave that long.

Before we try and schedule anything at the dealer, is anyone else aware of the new A4's having this problem? I looked through 3 pages of posts and didn't see anything on it so if this has been brought up with the B8's, my bad.

Thanks for any info.

- Drew

Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Yes, it happens on B8s as well, there is a thread about it, keep searching for it. I don't know what the resolution was. I have 2 friends with auto B8s, no problems - seems like it only affect certain cars.