B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Do the side mirrors fold in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
1st Gear
Question Do the side mirrors fold in?

Hi,

I have a new 2011 A4 w/ the premium package. Do the side mirrors fold in? It even recommends in the owners manual to fold the mirrors in when parking in tight places, but I can't seem seem to find a way to do it (as stupid as that sounds). I have tried physically pushing them and adjusting inside. Nothing works. Is it possible a car in this class does not have folding mirrors? !

Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

In my nine years older than your A4 A6, the mirrors fold in. My side mirrors adjust with a little **** that you turn to select which mirror to adjust. The **** also turns one more click so the indicator on the **** points to the rear of the car. That makes the mirrors fold in.

A couple of weeks ago I tried using my vag-com cable to help a fellow forum member with his A4, I don't remember which year it was exactly '07 or '08, he wanted to see if we could do an adaptation to have his passenger side mirror adjust down when in reverse (mine does this too). We never did get it figured out, the module we were supposed to adjust didn't seem to exist on his car. Long story longer, I seem to remember when working on his car that the mirror adjustment **** also had a similar, turn it one more click, to fold in the mirrors on his car.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

Yes they fold in. Just push them in harder. I had the same problem you are having. At first I thought they didnt fold until I pushed hard enough.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 AM
1st Gear

is there a setting in the car setup that can have these auto fold in when the car is locked ??

Old 07-11-2011, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mahumujug
is there a setting in the car setup that can have these auto fold in when the car is locked ??
For the European version, you can purchase them as an option. For North America, its not available from the dealer. But you can retrofit: AudiEnthusiasts Folding Mirrors

Old 07-21-2013, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2013 A 4T and do not have an indicator mark on the drivers armrest to fold the mirrors inward. I have the 3 symbols. One for the left mirror adjustment, one for the defroster in the middle and one on the right for the right mirror adjustment. anyone else missing the 4 th mark which is below those indicators that is supposed to fold the side mirrors?

Old 12-03-2016, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LynnGranger
I have a 2013 A 4T and do not have an indicator mark on the drivers armrest to fold the mirrors inward. I have the 3 symbols. One for the left mirror adjustment, one for the defroster in the middle and one on the right for the right mirror adjustment. anyone else missing the 4 th mark which is below those indicators that is supposed to fold the side mirrors?

My 2013 A4 Prestige does not have the 4th symbol at the rear of the outside mirror control either. I've gone into the green menu 3 times now trying to set the option and it never shows up on the central locking menu when I reset the MMI. Looks like to me the only way to fix it would be the retrofit as mentioned in this thread. I don't want them folding that bad.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

I just purchased a 2009 A8L. When I fold the mirrors in they work fine but when folding them back out the passenger side does not stop....It folds all the way past the half way mark. Is there a way to stop this?