B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Please Help! Audi A4 Blue Smoke/Terrible Idle MIL Light on

Old 09-27-2017, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Please Help! Audi A4 Blue Smoke/Terrible Idle MIL Light on

Please Help! Audi A4 Blue Smoke/Terrible Idle MIL Light on
2010 Audi A4 2.0 Sedan FWD
Codes- P0340 and P0304
Recent Work- New Timing Chain Kit, Valves Re-Done, Head's Re-Done, New Water Pump.....Car has been running great for two weeks I put about 500 miles on it after the work with no symptoms of anything....THEN

I was going up a hill and suddenly the car began to lose power and shutter then the MIL light came on. I shut off the car and then tried to restart. It was very hesitant to start but when it did I had to give the car gas and then it started to smell like gasoline fumes. The MIL light then started to flash.
I did a code read and got a P0340, P0304 and P0304 up/down arrow. I replaced the coil pack and it did not help other then the MIL light no longer flashing. After two days I started up the car again and it was blowing blue smoke out of the exhaust and running bad. After shutoff milky white smoke was trickling out. I also notice my coolent level has decreased in only a week's time. At this point I had the car towed to a local mechanic and am awaiting a diagnoses.
Symptoms----Coolant Decrease-----Car only starts by pushing on throttle ----Rough idle/engine sputtering----Blue Smoke out of exhaust when revving---White smoke trickling out of exhaust after shutoff--Smell of Gasoline--MIL light is on but not flashing
Possible Diagnoses (My Opinion) Fuel Injector Failure, Turbo Seal, PCV Valve, Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, Camshaft, or the dreaded blown head gasket.
Thoughts, Opinions, Advice?! Anything would be much appreciated. Will provide ongoing updates on this until its fixxed to help others out who have had or have similar issues.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 09-29-2017, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

UPDATE---Mechanic called and said that I have a Bad Fuel Injector on #4. Compression is nominal on all 4 Cylinders. I ordered a new Fuel injector, as well as a camshaft position sensor. I'm going to install the fuel injector myself by removing the intake manifold. I also suspect by replacing the Camshaft position sensor will solve the P0340 code.
Will report back after the Job is done!

Old 10-02-2017, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

Replaced Fuel Injector #4-Did not resolve the issue. 3 out of 4 spark plugs were fouled after only 500 Miles. I am hoping this was just due to the fuel injector problem. The next thing is I Unplugged Oil Filler cap and car Died. When the car is on it's puffing white smoke out of the tail pipes at a consistant rate. Going to replace the PCV Valve. Wondering if this is maybe a turbo problem but I am not getting a code for it. I did notice that there was a tiny amount of white smoke coming out near the turbo itself, like a burning cigarette. Could this be the culprit?
Full Turbo replacement or just the turbo seals? Tips..DIY possible?