B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Serious engine problems on my 2009 A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

Ah the stealership trying to screw it's customers, gotta love it. Had a friend with a 5 series that had a fire from the seat warmers- while he was in the car. Burn his seat, pants, coat, but luckily that's all. After they tried to pull a fast one, he drove off the lot with a 7 series. This was a few years ago, before the price difference was as outrageous as it is now, but not a bad way to get an upgrade. Threaten to sue and have a good case and the dealership will bend over.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

Hi there - I have a 2009 with 55k miles and this same thing just happened to me today - how did yours run after the repairs?

Old 09-15-2017, 01:47 AM
1st Gear
Default My en

[QUOTE=SiliconValleyA4;1259524]Hi All,

today my engine died and went out with a bang in mid traffic. This is the second time I have engine problems. I have 15k miles on my 2009 A4 2.0T, so that's pretty unexpected.

The first time around the engine just died at a light. I had the music on and didn't even realize. When I hit the gas once the light turned green I was surprised nothing was moving until I realized the engine is off . This was in rush hour traffic on a major express way, so quite embarrassing. A bit further down at the next light, the same happened again. Now the EPC light came on and I slowly drove the car another 2 miles to the dealership. I got the car back the next day with a strange explanation about a dirty cam cover that needed cleaning or something bizarre like that.

Now half a year later my engine completely died today and when out with a bang. I waited at a light, hit the gas and I heard a loud bang. After that, the engine was totally dead. No smells, leaks or fumes though.

I got it towed right away to the garage. It's Sunday so no one will look at it until tomorrow. Any ideas what's going on with my engine? Does anyone have similar experiences? I do drive the car in sports mode a lot (why else is it there?), but not like a maniac and I gave it a decent break-in time.[/QUOT My 2009 audi a4 quattro engine blew .After replacing the water pump. Timimg belt. It started to misfire so had that fixed . Next it stareted leaking and consuming mass amounts of oil.r I only had the car 3 years and on my way to work my engine blew. I full out lost everything with car. It was the most unreliable vehicle is ever owned and the most expensive peice of crap I'd ever own.