B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Why So High?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Default Why So High?

After reading around on the forum it seems like people are saying the base model (premium) that bases at 32 7 is expensive. Does that mean the dealerships are charging more than msrp?? I really had my eyes set on this car because of the price and that its front wheel drive. Not to sound like a NOOB ( i know this will) but is the base model a 4 wheel drive? if it is how much less would it be just to get it in front wheel drive only? mannnn, i really wanted this car but this talk about how it bases out at like 35 WITHOUT taxes is really starting to get to me. Im located in Maryland btw.

so how much would a 2008 or a 2009 c300 4matic cost then? is there bargaining room in that? Im hoping cheaper then that audi. Thanks guys!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ipodlover77
After reading around on the forum it seems like people are saying the base model (premium) that bases at 32 7 is expensive. Does that mean the dealerships are charging more than msrp?? I really had my eyes set on this car because of the price and that its front wheel drive. Not to sound like a NOOB ( i know this will) but is the base model a 4 wheel drive? if it is how much less would it be just to get it in front wheel drive only? mannnn, i really wanted this car but this talk about how it bases out at like 35 WITHOUT taxes is really starting to get to me. Im located in Maryland btw.

so how much would a 2008 or a 2009 c300 4matic cost then? is there bargaining room in that? Im hoping cheaper then that audi. Thanks guys!
The cheapest you can get is like 33k. They made them about 5k more expensive this year, so you can't get one that isn't really tight. The only available 2009s are all wheel drive, automatic with tiptronic. I just got a premium on monday, and it's awesome! I opted not to get the premium plus because I have all the options on the premium that I want, just without the LEDs in the front headlights. When it comes down to it, if you get the plus, you're pretty much paying 3k for the LEDs. They have really good lease rates that just came out. I got mine at alexandria. I called them up and said "here's my numbers, tell me if you can do this". They called right back and said yea we can, and we'll take off $10 from your monthly payment. Went in that night, got there at 8:30, and they stayed an hour after close (10pm) so that we could finish. I paid just over 2k at signing, and my monthly payments are $445 (this includes 11 dollars a month to give me free service for EVERYTHING, including oil changes). So if you call them up and give them good numbers, they'll most likely do it. Just make sure u say "if you do these numbers, I'll come get it right now". But before you do that, make sure you've driven one.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

We did see at least one dealer charging higher than MSRP on our premium plus. We backed out after our deposit because of it.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
1st Gear

The 32.7 you mention is for a base (Prem) QUATTRO version...most of the base models I've seen on dealers' lots add bluetooth ($500), heated seats ($450), 6-cd stereo w/ ipod ($290), and homelink ($200) - before you know it, it's at $35k (including $825 destination).

I believe the non-quattro's will be out in Jan. and probably will be $2k or so cheaper.

Given the current state of the economy and the U.S. car market, I'd be shocked to find dealers charging more than MSRP.