BMW is wayy better than Audi.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Default RE: BMW is wayy better than Audi.

I have both, actually, the wife has a BMW. Both are fun to drive. The quattro sells it for me. Also, the cost difference. I can't say that the BMW is "Wayy" better but it seems thatBMW's cost "wayy" more. We have a M5 which is kinda "off the charts"but once the wife saw it and drove it, Ireally had nochoice.Again, I like them both for different reasons butthe Audi's (both combined) are actually better on my wallet than the one BMW is.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Oh sorry, that was not really directed towards you, thats just what I think about Audi vs BMW vs MB, but if I had to honestly choose a brand for overall build quality and driving experience, personally I would have to say BMW is top.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
4th Gear

BMW needs to bring back the 8 series...

Old 12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear

Not to throw a wrench in this thread, but here it is anyway what would you guys pick if i put up the RS4, vs M Series, vs AMG just the racing brands, no specific model. Would you still pick audi over the rest?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

In spirit, that was the point of the 6 series.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

RS vs M vs AMG, well let's put benz out right off the bat because AMG while good, is an outside firm, but regardless, still 3rd best overall. So when it comes down to RS and M, I would have to say they are very, very close, basically equal; the only thing is the M division much more established than Audi's RS line

Old 12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Actually from what I read a couple years ago, AMG was absorbed by M-B and is now a full-fledged part of M-B, just as M is for BMW.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Oh really? I could see that, im sure they have always worked very closely anyway, the thing about Benz and AMG models it that there is no doubt they are very good and very fast, but the base from which they start with is more pure luxury based than that of Audi and BMW, so I feel as if Audi/BMW turn out more of a raw sports car. For example the SLR, although an unbelievable car, most said too much Mercedes and too little McLaren

Old 12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

All wheel drive - Advantage:Audi - Quattro - Audi has been doing AWD for alot longer than BMW, at least inUS.(A few friends have had issues with xdrive)

Driver Experience - Advantage: BMW. Although Audis engage the driver in an involving experience, BMW offers better connectivity between road and human

Looks - Advantage: Audi. In my optinion, Audi has nailed interior, and particularly exterior looks in this category, just easier on the eyes.

Design- Advantage: BMW. Weight distribution, overall weight, certain ergonomics (handbrake not slamming into center console), etc.

Performance - Advantage: BMW. The 3.0 Twin Turbo 6 that is found in the 335xi - Audi's A4 3.2 cannot compete. 0-60 time (5.5 seconds v 6.7 seconds,300 HP v. 255 HP)Audi has to close this gap. Although the platform for the new S4 looks appealing (supposedly 330 HP, maybe more, v6 BIturbo)

Cost- Advantage: Audi. Audi's are not cheap, however the option prices for BMW's are sky high compared to the value you will get.
These are just some of my opinions. But don't submit this question to Car & Driver, they are so biased towards BMW's!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM

personal choice[:-] they are both German and well manufactured

Quick Reply: BMW is wayy better than Audi.