Porsche Buyout of Audi

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Porsche Buyout of Audi

Was reading Motortrend issue at the gym. One of the articles was Porsche wanting VW to sell Audi to Porsche. Any one hear of this? Also what kind of rammifications do you think that would bring to Audi.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/n...i-and-bentley/

Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Porsche Buyout of Audi

I wonder if Porsche doesn't have more money than sense. VW can handle a volatile global car market better than a company the size of Porsche.

Who knows though? Great fortunes are made by making stretches like this. It's just too bad that companies go seriously broke like this too. I would hate to see Porsche getting bought by Ford in 8yrs because they over extended.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 AM
4th Gear

Porsche would eother make it cheaper 30-40k dollar car or make ia more expensive audi.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SAudi

Porsche would eother make it cheaper 30-40k dollar car or make ia more expensive audi.
I think it would be cool to start getting some porsche performance in audis...........but does porsche think the Audi will compete with its market base. Example cancellation of R8 type cars so not to compete with cayman or w/e their car is. Also they seem to want to buy buggatti and rolls.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear

or you get really cool joint ventures like the old school rs2...

Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 AM
2nd Gear

Hey if I found out Porsche bought Audi I wouldn't complain!

Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM
4th Gear

+1 It would be nice to see some of porsches performance traits trickling down to Audi. They were both linked closely in the past so I say Audi would be back where it belongs. This merger can only be good for Audi's brand reputation, I just hope porsche knows what they're doing and don't go bust later down the line. Audi can finally get rid of that "VW in a tux" stigma.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

and it picks up the poor man porsche stigma.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
4th Gear

eh, I'd rather have to deal with that.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:58 PM
4th Gear

Meh. If you make a good car, then it's a good car. The name can help in marketing some, but that won't last long if the product is lousy. Ferdinand Porsche is the Chairman of VW, but no one is thinking that VWs are more like Porsches these days. That stuff is all about internal politics(both company and German), money and may not result in the production of better cars.

I'm sure what they are looking for is what GM and others do where they produce one chassis and engine and put various brands/models on it. Big financial gains to be made there. It would be the extension of the Tourag/Cayenne thing, only spread out even more. Think howmany modelsNissan/Infiniti gets out of a single engine.Will Porsche elevate VW/Audi performance or will those companies just help expand the Porsche model line with shared components?

Quick Reply: Porsche Buyout of Audi