Solar Sunroof relay repair (C5 A6)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:36 AM
1st Gear
Talking Solar Sunroof relay repair (C5 A6)

Hey guys,

With the weather warming up I was desperate to fix my C5's secondary air pump(I think thats what its called, I havent confirmed with the ross tech but I will soon.). I did a little research on the topic and since the car has some soldering issues I ve decided to take a look inside the relay (385 behind drivers knee panel). Everybody suggested replacing the $$$ relay but it is repairable.
I took the panel screws off and let hang there, popped the the relay (pls correct me if am wrong but when I opened it up it looked like a temperature switch) and open it up.
If you re-soldered you cruise control module you will know what and where to solder.
I re-soldered some pins (4 or 6 of them) that looked bad and put everything together.
Huge smile on my face. Everything worked.
Interior fan circulates air if the interior temperature rises by 10 degrees Celsius. I just wish the dumbass that owned the car before me took care of it and my dash wouldn't need to be glued now.

Sorry I haven't taken any pictures but I assure you it worked on mine. Maybe if someone else tries it can take some pictures on the way.

Hopes this helps. If you have a solar sunroof and your car gets really hot on a sunny day thats most likely the problem.