Chop Shop Show off your designs here. Or post to have your fellow members do some photo shop work to your ride.

Headlights stolen AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Default Headlights stolen AGAIN!

Hi Everyone... Well they got my S4 headlights once again 4th time they got me.. Considering trading in my baby as much as it is killing me, but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions of how I can stop it first?

PLEASE ANY HELP!! I DON'T WANT TO GET RID OF MY CAR

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

are they stealing them or just braking them and do you know how they are what year is your car
mine is 00

Old 11-09-2008, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

Do you live in Boston? I did a quick search and it says that there are no available solutions provided by Audi.

I found a few solutions posted by someone on a comment board:

I don't own an Audi, but i'm familiar with the theft problem in Boston.

Here are 3 long-winded solution, but each is worth a shot.

Look into those tinted (or clear, if they make 'em) headlight covers you can get from online parts companies. A cover is one more layer for a time-restricted thief to lift off; plus a shaded one disguises the lamp (so it would be hard to tell immediately if it's the type they're looking for).

OR. Take the above example (headlight covers),paint the outside of them pitch black. Tape some electric wires to them from the inside. Find a way to secure them quickly (use a trace of velcro tape around the edges of the cracked cover, and then on your 'good' headlamp cover). Every night when you park your car, slap the old headlamp covers on (be sure to make the wires visible and dangling out). At a glance (or, arguably, a quick study) by a thief, it will look like your lights were already snatched.

(in lieu of new headlight covers in the above example, you could simply get a flexible, black, heavy duty plastic/nylon sheet and cut it to your headlight's size, and velcro them on each night instead)

Otherwise, (the real ****-retentive solution you could look into a 10" or 16" cable lock (a thin one). Open the hood, find a manufactured hole/holes on the back of the light assembly (or you could use a strong adhesive to glue a closed loop (for which to pass the cable through), and run the cable through the hole/glued loop on the headlight assembly and then run the cable around a metal bar (or other fixed piece) in the engine bay. Secure the cable with a small padlock (they make 'em the size of a quarter, check your hardware store). now if someone starts stealing your headlight and they're having a hard time yanking it out (because of the cable lock), they'll probably give up (racing against time) and move on to another audi. You might have some hood damage but at least you'll have your lights.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 AM

how are they stealing them?
dont you need to pop the hood to get to the them?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

Mexican47, to sum it up briefly there are tools available to pop out the headlights from the outside. This problem really only exists on the years 2000, 2001, and 2002 Audi S4s.

https://home.comcast.net/~doq13/

Old 11-09-2008, 04:33 PM

my bad. i got an a4 so i taught they'd be similar setups.
that sucks tho!!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

you should park your car exatcly where it happened before, this time buy the EURO headlights or DEVIL EYES or ANGEL EYES, something that will catch a thiefs attention, then wait around the corner till the little bastard comes out and then use your imagination next with what you could do with a little bastard that steals headlights...hope you catch him...i caught the person who vandalized my A6's windshields about 3 weeks after it happened, doing the same ****, people who suck at life will keep sucking at life, so to end it you need to catch them in the act and scare the crap out of them, i sure did haha

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...ter_4103.shtml

Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
my bad. i got an a4 so i taught they'd be similar setups.
that sucks tho!!
A4's didnt come stock with HID's, S4's did. Plus they really arent in there that good, 3 shitty plastic tabs wont stop a theif. They just take a crow bar and pry from the fender side.

this is SOOOOO common in boston, my friends nogaro car got hit(lights stolen) in the 4 hours he parked at his friends house

Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 AM

damn that sucks!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 12:58 AM
2nd Gear

yeah, i agree with the above post, get some REAL nice lights, and park the car same place as before, then wait around the corner with a "little theft deterrent"
or have CLX wait with his.....THAT particular thief will only steals yours once, if his car gets shot.....or if you shoot "at him"...hell even blanks should do the trick!

lol

i am sorry to hear about this though, id be really effin pissed!

Quick Reply: Headlights stolen AGAIN!