Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

First 90 quattro and questions

Old 06-21-2011, 01:17 AM
1st Gear
Default First 90 quattro and questions

So I've never owned an Audi before and I found a 1990 90 quattro for $1300 in decent condition with 170k miles. My buddy and I looked it over, gave it a spin and all of the seemingly important seems to check out. The owner set this car up for racing and I wish to reverse it into a daily driver. Issues that I wish to address are the power steering hose and brakes. The hose was removed for what the owner claimed to be better handling for racing. The brakes were intentionally (really?) smoothed out so that the car cannot come to a screeching halt. From what my friend explained to me these are common and desirable modifications for high speed racing. I'm wondering how much in parts I'll need to fork out to get the power steering operational and brakes back to normal, and how much time/labor I'll need to invest. Otherwise the car drives superbly, new belts, clutch, muffler, tight suspension, no leaks. The owner appears to have taken very decent care for the car along with transforming it into a racing machine. As an Audi newbie any advice and input is greatly appreciated.