Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

heater core

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
1st Gear
Default heater core

i just love ripping the dash out and taking the steering wheel off, and busting my hands and knuckes, and having screws and clips all over the floor wondering if it will go back together again. I have to tell myself its all worth it in an s turn and i got some car behind me that i know wont handle the turn like an audi. there is an s turn with guardrail, site of many a driver hitting rail cause the car they driving wont handle it at the speed they driving. most cars gotta slow down to 35mph. i got an older audi, and it could probably do it at 60mph. only i aint got the nerve to try it. i would like to have the road closed for a few hours just to see an audi parade hitting that turn. or just have lookouts for the cops would be more fun. i know some of you maniacs would attempt 70mph, and might just succeed. we would have to set up a portapotty for the ones that dont make it, cause they brushed the rail and soiled themselves. I can see the girlfriends screaming now, yelling "let me out ". the turn is located between Milmay, NJ, and Mays landing, NJ, its called Bears Head road. You will know the turn when you get to it. Its good both ways. I post this for something to do for ppl in the area or not, and ppl looking for something to do, or somewhere to go.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: heater core

wow, you have a lot to say!

So did you replace the core? it's fun!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: heater core

got it in. have to finish with the dash and glove compartment today. had some problems with it when i was taking it out. broke the tempature control line to the box and had to glue and use some wire tires to get it to work again. but theres no leaks and i got heat and a/c.