Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

Ok this is going be long... Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Default Ok this is going be long... Brake Problems

Anyway I have a 1990 Audi 100 and I know the rear brake rotors are shot and the pads. So I got some new ones. Does anyone have a factory service manual or a how to on replacing them or are they pretty easy? I just changed mine in my 240sx and that was pretty simple. Also I have this random brake problem. When I'm driving I'll have full pressure for a while then all of sudden it goes to none and my pedal goes all the way to the floor. Anyone have a similiar? The guy at Advanced auto said to just try bleeding the calipers and putting fresh fluid in and that should fix the problem but i'm not to sure and was wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem. It's my first day on the forums so no flames would be awesome on my first post LoL.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ok this is going be long... Brake Problems

start with the bleeding ... cheap and easy to do if it dont help then start lookin elsewhere .... rorors and pads should be simple the rear caliper cyl most likely will need to be twisted back

Old 07-04-2007, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ok this is going be long... Brake Problems

The rear brakes are simple but you will need the tool for resetting the self adjuster.
I'll have full pressure for a while then all of sudden it goes to none and my pedal goes all the way to the floor. Had this happen to me twice but after pumping the pedal the pressure came back up, I think that this is due to a worn brake pressure accumulator, that is no longer capable of holding a full charge.