Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2005.5 Audi A4- Some problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
1st Gear
Default 2005.5 Audi A4- Some problems

Hi, I just bought an used Audi and having some troubles right away. It would be greatly appreciated for any help.

1. When I fill up gas, the car won't start until the 6th-7th try. This might be related to my check engine sign which I am in the process of trying to get checked.

2. After driving, when I put the car in Park, it vibrates a little, then the RPM goes up to 1.5, then back down to 0.5 while pulsating (small vibrations), then back up to 1.5 then back down to 0.5. This happens for about 4-5 minutes until it stays steady just below 1.0.

3. Some display questions- After a two hour drive, the display shows that I have been driving for 2 Hours. Is there a way to clear that, because it keeps flashing 2.0 hours until the rest of my trip.
-I'm also getting a error for the headlights once in a random while. After doing some research, I believe its call the dynamic headlight control. Is there a way to turn this off without fixing? Or how would I go about fixing this?

4. I bought a blank remote key to make a copy. The dealership wont cut it. What is the best way to get it laser cut and programmed?

I know there is a lot of problems, but I'm in a pickle after buying this used piece of crap. I know got ripped off. Any advice on these problems would def Help.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

1. (guessing) Gas cap. probably also the source of your CEL

2. (guessing) fuel filter. Small vac leak.

3. don't know about the display. check the owners manual. there are a few possible solutions the the headlight problem. you need to narrow down, specifically, what is causing the problem (do a search, it can be two or three different things). I think you can disable it by pulling the appropriate fuse without affecting anything else.

4. the dealership wont cut it? why? there are some specialty locksmith places that can cut and program your key. rarely you can find an indy shop that has the tools and equipment to cut and program the keys

Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
1st Gear

I only know for sure on question #3:

On the end of the menu selection stick just push up on the selector and it will go back to the screen you were on. I take long trips in mine so I'm always performing this function.

As for the check engine light, it could be many things as mine came on a few months ago and it ended up being a thermostat problem.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

thanks guys...will look into that

Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear about your poor endeavor.... however keep your head up just remember there are people out there who dont take care of cars.... alright where do we start

1. The dealer isnt going to cut your key most likely because that is where the make their money..that and programming.
2. As far as your rough idle goes you need to get in there and be readyp to get dirty. It sounds like a vac leak to me i would replace your filters air fuelling cabin check all hoses every last one
3. Get your codes checked. Could be the source of all your problems

Old 01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Fixed!!

Incase anyone else runs into the same problem;

I haven't personally driven or picked up the car from the dealer yet, BUT, they claim that after installing a new "breather valve," it fixed both problems. ( fueling and idling the car).

Hopes this helps someone in the future.