Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Advice on converting 2.3 NG to EFI

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Advice on converting 2.3 NG to EFI

Hi has anyone converted the 2.3 NG from The KEIII-Jetronic to EFI?
I have 2 reasons for asking, one of which im sure i'll be spat at and damned to hell for lol
1- It seems the airflow meter is done on mine as i am losing go on WOT and replacement of this unless im lucky enough to find one working 2nd hand is gonna cost a small fortune (also how long would a second hand one last??)
2- It would solve the problem i am having with trying to get a multipoint lpg system fitted to it. as of next september i will have to do 100mile round trips to university per day, and at the current 31mpg i get out of it is not really possible on a students income lol (so that explains my reasoning hopefully lol)

No buy a diesel smart remarks please lol

So any information on whats involved would be greatly appreciated, or advice!

The only guy that was willing to give me any info on getting this car to run on lpg told me i would need a megasquirt ecu to provide pulses for the gas injectors,, but now as the airflow meter needs replaced, maybe i can kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak!

TIA
Dan.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 AM
1st Gear

Hi anuradhathakur,

As i am trying to do this project as inexpensivley as possibile, i am looking into all avenues so to speak
Have found that the Efi systems from volkswagon T4's May be used with not a lot of work,
where i am, i dont think i have ever seen a petrol t4 or similar, they are all diesel. so getting a donor vehicle, next to impossible!
Another strange but true article, is that the efi system from a volvo 850 with the all aluminium 2.0 10v engine is virtually a direct swap other than the fitting of the volvos injectors to the Ng manifold, obviously both would need remapped.
Still looking for a donar car to have a better look, missed one for buttons the other day! These are easier to find here so wish me luck, i will keep you informed of any more info i find!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM
1st Gear
Default estudiar ingles en Valencia

The Daily Reviewer selects only the world's top blogs (and RSS feeds). We sift through thousands of blogs daily to present you the world's best writers. The blogs that we include are authoritative on their respective niche topics and are widely read. To be included in The Daily Reviewer is a mark of excellence.

----------------------------------------
clases de inglés en Valencia
cursos de inglés en Valencia
estudiar ingles en Valencia