D3 W12 Fuel Guage Issue - AudiForums.com

Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

Default D3 W12 Fuel Guage Issue

HI and thank you in advance for any help.

Im currently experiencing a very frustrating issue with my A8L 6.0 W12. since purchasing it ive had numerous issues and resolved them all with the exception of this one which is now becoming tedious.
My fuel gauge is not working all the time and when it does, its not accurate.
Ive replaced the 2x lower fuel senders with genuine parts.
Ive replaced the 2x upper with used parts as Audi couldn't get genuine as they're on back order.
ive now replaced the wiring loom to the tank too with a genuine loom.

Still I have no fuel gauge.

Fault im getting is 00438 fuel sensor 2 G169 short with ground and 00771 fuel level sensor - g short with ground - intermittent.

if anyone has any suggestions id appreciate them. Ive no idea which is sensor 2 and I can't find any real information on the codes.

Thanks in advance.