Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Just had APR Tuning done

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Just had APR Tuning done

Hey guys, just thought I'd share what I think about the APR tuning so far. I had it done at Rapid Parts in Monsey, NY. Great place, great people. Anyway, it didn't take too long (about a half hour). They were courteous and showed me how to do everything like enter my code and switch programs.

For those of you conisering getting this done, just don't expect power that will pin you to your seat. However, I highly recommend it. Car pulls HARD now, much harder than stock and once near redline, you can hear the turbo screaming. When the car was stock I barely heard anything. Pull is especially noticeable in 3rd and 4th (6 speed). Passing is easy in 6th on the highway now.

So far I am VERY pleased with the upgrade. And just so you guys know, if you considering getting it done, APR is running a sale staring this Monday. Buy one program and get one free. Rapid Parts was gracious enough to honor the sale price before it actually started.

I was more skeptical than anyone, being that I'm new to the "make your car faster with software" thing, but after a good amount of research and reading through this forum, I am definitely NOT regretting this purchase. Thanks for your time.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just had APR Tuning done

Oh and forgot to mention. This is on a 2007 A4 2.0

Old 09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

Just had an APR Stage 1 with the option of switching between stock and the chiped mode WHAT a DIFFERENCE! now just wondering if there is a need for larger injectors

Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

I'm looking in to do this for my 03 1.8T as well but I'm trying to decide which programs I should get. Maybe I'll just stick with one but the potential of having access to the valet and stock programs sound pretty interesting.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:09 AM

Howdy all, there is so much talk about this APR Chip stuff, is APR a function of something or a brand name. where is this chip located and where do i get one, I live in Minnesota, (Twin Cities),also could someone explain what APR R1 diverter valveis, and the DBW.Thanks Dave

Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: unclenicknack

Howdy all, there is so much talk about this APR Chip stuff, is APR a function of something or a brand name. where is this chip located and where do i get one, I live in Minnesota, (Twin Cities),also could someone explain what APR R1 diverter valveis, and the DBW.Thanks Dave
Try searching.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

I think the more you mod your car, the more you'll become a believer in the "tune with software" abilities that modern turbo engines allow. It's great

Old 01-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Speed tuning woulda prob netted the same if not a lil more power for much less money. A chipped car is quite a ddiffrence though. GL and don't blow the turbo up.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

We're an authorized dealer for APR Tuned in South Florida. Anyone with questions can call us or contact me and we can answer them. We love their software and have been very happy and so have our customers. Glad to hear you had a similar experience! Enjoy your power!

To answer unclenicknack's question, it's a direct remap of your current ECU. It can only be done by an authorized dealer, who directly does a LIVE download from the servers at APR. They(we in this case ) upload your stock ECU information to them, then they automatically send us the program you're installing. This program will vary depending on the horsepower increases you're looking to achieve, octane gas you'll be running, hard modifications you're running(intake, exhaust, turbo, etc.), and what security/number of different maps you want installed. We did a Porsche 996 recently and installed a stock, economy, 93 performance, and race maps-plus security features as well that without a code, the car won't move anywhere, even with the key. If you have any questions. feel free to call me here at 561.395.5700.
Good luck to both of you, and happy Tuning

-=Tristan=-

Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the good post, RedWing. I also have a 2007 A4QT and have made an appointment for the APR software upgrade at a supported shop here in Austin. I love my A4, but it's just a bit doggy in 1st, in automatic mode. There is a wind-up and lag before acceleration... Can't say enough about the Q handling, though. Reminds me of my old 8V '86 Scirocco that I had hopped up with a weber throttle body, headers, exhuast and neuspeed sway bars...VROOM... :-)