Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Will computer systems in cars be troublesome?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Will computer systems in cars be troublesome?

I just saw a commercial for the Ford Edge. It was advertising all this cool computer stuff that the Edge has, like you can speak to it and it'll tell you where a gas station is and stuff. It will also calculate your fuel economy and show you on a cool graph on the in-dash screen. I was just thinking, computers and electronics usually don't last much longer than a few years, but cars usually last about 10 years. Will those computer systems in cars crap out after a few years? Or will you have to constantly make costly repairs to it after a few years?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Certified

As of right now for Audi there are no software updates to increase the technology that came in your car when you bought it.

There are updates to fix bugs and known issues, but not to increase from MMI2G to MMI3G.

If you like the newer stuff, Your going to have to buy the newer car

Old 04-13-2011, 03:07 AM
1st Gear

Probably the most well rounded car computer we can carry from best company.We begin to seek protection through comprehensive Zotac G43ITX-AE motherboard. Featuring HDMI and DVI output, the board has integrated Wi-Fi and an eSATA port. And i think it is best gadget for your car.