Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Audi of Columbia, SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi of Columbia, SC

Hello,
HAS anyone gone to this Audi Dealership yet for anything? I just want to know before I go. I dont want to get screwed over by anyone.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Default RE: Audi of Columbia, SC

if there is only one Audi dealer in the Columbia. That dealer is owned by the auto group i used to work for in Charlotte. All i can say is be careful. The dealer owner prior to my x dealer didnt care from what i hear. Not sure on the quality of techs they have down there.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Be careful!!

I traded in my Subaru for a 2009 Audi S5 used. I took a test drive and found several issues with it and since they couldn't fix it on the spot, I drove back to Atlanta. Several days later, they fix the car but since I can't drive back for a test drive, they drive the car out to me. They showed me a "clean carfax" and said the car had no problems and never had been in an accident. The car looked fine on the outside and in so I trusted them. Weeks after the purchase I find several small things for which I take it to a local Audi dealership, Jim Ellis. Their service department took a look and saw a crack on the steering column and found electrical wiring missing in the steering column. They assessment was the car was indded in an accident because the airbags had deployed and the passenger side has had extensive body work.
I called Audi of US and they forced Audi Columbia to pay for the repairs to the car, new steering wheel and several other things. The car still has some structural issues like wind noise at highway speeds on the passenger side, which can't be fixed without more body work. Jim Ellis service department said there is no way a dealership would not have known there was an accident based on the indications they saw. So for the dealership to sell me this car with a straight face and say no accident in its history is a flat out lie. I would STRONGLY advise any customers from purchasing a used car from this dealership. Go to Jim Ellis in Atlanta if you can make the drive. Because I trusted them, I have to live with a very expensive mistake.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
4th Gear
Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CRAZYHAWK
Unsure if you work for them or not but the rating on that site is kind of a double-edged sword.

The reason they have a good rating on there is because it actually takes a complaint on there for the dealership to take notice. I posted something on there negative and the OWNER of the dealership has contacted me to try and take care of my issue. So if I am happy with our solution, then I will amend my review. But a negative experience like mine should not have even happened in the first place.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:14 PM
4th Gear

I do not work for them . I live in Northern NJ.

Originally Posted by Xentar1976
Unsure if you work for them or not but the rating on that site is kind of a double-edged sword.

The reason they have a good rating on there is because it actually takes a complaint on there for the dealership to take notice. I posted something on there negative and the OWNER of the dealership has contacted me to try and take care of my issue. So if I am happy with our solution, then I will amend my review. But a negative experience like mine should not have even happened in the first place.