Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Audi of Escondido, San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi of Escondido, San Diego

here is the story, I used to go to another dealer in san diego but a tech I knew moved to another dealer.

Not saying the other dealer is bad but audi escondido will give you a rental car for any type of service, the other dealer would bus you to a rental car agency and drop you off. not cool.

second, I can ask to have my friend work on my car and they are totally fine with that, so its really a laid back and professional dealer that works the way dealers should. They also wont hold a modified car against you. exhaust, chip, whatever.
I can hook anyone up in san diego or orange county if you like just pm me if our not satisfied with your current dealer.
and I dont mean a discount, just no stress if your audi is modified.

No i dont work for them. just a extremely satisfied customer.
Audi Escondido for the win.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi of Escondido, San Diego

Great review. I was jus tgoing to start looking, moving from DC to SD shortly. Very pleased with Tysons Corner VA dealer, need to find a good one out in San Diego, Escondido looks far, "north county"? Any you recommend closer to the city/beaches?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

I think it's the tech/service guys who make or break a dealer for me. I only have to deal with salesguy one time and if I get the deal I want without lies or huge amounts of bs, I'm satisified. (even if he calls me,"buddy", "tiger","chief","sport"...etc) The service guys are the ones who'll ensure that I keep coming back to the dealership over time.

Good to hear you could follow your tech!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I take my car there and it is a drive for me (30mins.)but so worth it.

I used to take it to miramar audi but they were not cool at all.

its worth the drive. if you need me to set you up with my tech just get at me.

he hooks it up and we use my car as a test car for alot of stuff.
I brought it in for an oil change and I left with new exhaust, black grill, vag codes, and a k&n all for the price of an oil change.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM

Interestingly the bad service at Miramar Audi was why I did not buy my A3 there. I test drove a couple cars at Miramar and the salesman was great. They did not have the model/options I wanted in stock so they were going to find one at another dealership and bring it over. I never heard back from them. When I tried calling I found they had handed my "file" over to another person. It was like starting all over as I had to explain to them again what I wanted and what the first guy had told me he would do.

I could see it was not going anywhere so I requested a quote from Audi's website - this was meant to go to all the SD dealers. I got an immediate response from Nick (internet sales manager) at Hoehn in Carlsbad. He was very responsive, direct, and no BS. I went up there, test drove a couple cars. Turned out again they didn't have what I wanted but he was able to track one down and I had my car in about a week. And that included a tricky credit approval as I had moved to the US recently and had no credit history here! Got a pretty good price too.

To be fair I also got a reply from Escondido but it was a day too late, so have no experience with them. Miramar contacted me about my online quote request around 3 weeks later. When I told them I had gone to Hoehn because they had not responded the lady just hung up on me...nice one. Unfortunately I work so close to Miramar that I pretty much have to go there for service. The service itself has been ok. But the day I went they had something like 50 people drop off cars - all their loaners were gone and we had to wait to be bussed over to a rental place. It was 90min before I had my car. When I was almost at the office I got a call from Miramar saying my car was ready!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: evdog

Interestingly the bad service at Miramar Audi was why I did not buy my A3 there. I test drove a couple cars at Miramar and the salesman was great. They did not have the model/options I wanted in stock so they were going to find one at another dealership and bring it over. I never heard back from them. When I tried calling I found they had handed my "file" over to another person. It was like starting all over as I had to explain to them again what I wanted and what the first guy had told me he would do.

I could see it was not going anywhere so I requested a quote from Audi's website - this was meant to go to all the SD dealers. I got an immediate response from Nick (internet sales manager) at Hoehn in Carlsbad. He was very responsive, direct, and no BS. I went up there, test drove a couple cars. Turned out again they didn't have what I wanted but he was able to track one down and I had my car in about a week. And that included a tricky credit approval as I had moved to the US recently and had no credit history here! Got a pretty good price too.

To be fair I also got a reply from Escondido but it was a day too late, so have no experience with them. Miramar contacted me about my online quote request around 3 weeks later. When I told them I had gone to Hoehn because they had not responded the lady just hung up on me...nice one. Unfortunately I work so close to Miramar that I pretty much have to go there for service. The service itself has been ok. But the day I went they had something like 50 people drop off cars - all their loaners were gone and we had to wait to be bussed over to a rental place. It was 90min before I had my car. When I was almost at the office I got a call from Miramar saying my car was ready!
audi escondido is worth the trip.

eric the service manager always has a rental a3 for free for any service.
and Ted is the man as far as techs go.

modded car friendly. just dont brag about it to people.
if your worried about it. pm me and I will let ted know ahead of time and let him know your coming and not to reflash you stuff and so on.