Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Bad experience at Riverside Audi, West New York, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Default Bad experience at Riverside Audi, West New York, NJ

Hi all,

After searching a long time for a car I like I finally decided I wanted an Audi A6.

I went to Riverside Audi, West New York, NJ and they had a 2005 Audi with 1400 miles on it. I decided to look into it a little further. The vehicle is listed on their website. There was a huge discrepancy with the mileage reported on CARFAX, but the salesman, Ruben, who was great to me assured me this would be taken care of before I purchased the car. I belived him since he was a total gentleman toward me, seemed honest and forthcoming. I have no reason to believe he was involved in any of the wrongdoing that occurred to me at the dealership.

To make a real long story short, we had finally agreed upon a price which was approved by the sales manager. The salesman was practically writing up the deal and the sales manager Mike came up to me and told me he wanted $2000 more for the car since the owner Sean never approved the deal. I then told him we agreed upon a price and the number was presented by him. The salesman seemed as confused as I was at that point. I cannot believe that was scripted between the two of them. He then said sorry, but he would try to convince the owner to give it to me for $1000 more. Didn't things like this happen twenty years ago?

I then asked to speak with the owner and he was not even in the building. How could this guy Mike say the owner wanted $2000 more then try to convince the owner to sell me the car for only $1000 more than the price he quoted me when he was not even there.

I attempted to contact the owner and left three messages but he has not returned any of my calls. It appears he does not want my business which is fine because there is no way I would buy a car from them at this point. I cannot believe he would not even call me and try to explain the change in price. Quite honestly I do not hink I will be buying an Audi at all. There are a lot of other car dealers out there.

I also later found out the car had a new engine put in at 521 miles. There appears to be something shady going on here. I kept the story real short not to bore everyone.

I advised the sales manager, Mike, I would be posting my experience on the Internet and he said he did not care.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Bad experience at Riverside Audi, West New York, NJ

I bought a car from them...worked with a salesman named Arun...he was a decent guy. I also met the sales manager...didn't really care for him...felt like I wanted to take a shower after talking with him.

I did end up getting a pretty good deal out of them...but I have to say I always felt like I was pulling teeth to get them to do anything.
I talked to the service manager as well, he seemed pretty cool, but they have not been good about returning my calls when trying to schedule service.

Hey, don't let a bad dealer experience ruin your day, check out another dealer.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the reply and the advice.....

Yeah the sales manager was the guy who screwed me. Well, he lost a sale for them that day.

Thanks again.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:18 AM
2nd Gear

thats funny, your story reminds me a lot of what happened when i went there a few months ago looking at a 1.8tqm. they posted a santorin 1.8t on autotrader with 35kmiles for $15k. i went over and they claimed that the car was sold and all they did was try to force a 2003 a6 (which was in the mid $20k range) and 2004 a4's saying that "you don't want a 2001.... why don't you just finance so you can get a much nicer 2004" when i distinctly told them several times that i a) was not willing nor did i have the money to do that, and b) did not want that car.

then the manager came up and did some scripted little act with the salesman (i forget his name but he was indian i believe), and they basically made me feel like a complete *** for driving down there if i wasn't going for a 2003+ model

so moral of the story, riverside audi in west new york, nj = no go for me

picked up my 2001 2.8tip a4 at a foreign auto dealer in stamford for $14k

Old 07-13-2005, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

I bought a car from them... 01 A6 2.7T for about $23,500 fully loaded with 30k miles... Apart from them releasing the car to me when it wasn't CPO according to audi's checklist everything was fine, they rectified the problem. But when I got it back from them the second time I heard a cling at about 2-5 mph in the front left wheel. I had my mechanic take the center cap off and low and be hold a bolt was completely out rolling around in there. I complained to the service manager and supposedly the let go the tech that did this. As far a sales experience goes I dealt with Arun... and he was OK, the sales manager helped me get the credit app through. So I can't say I was disappointed nor was I dazzled by the sales experience. Now I've been taking my car to Mohegan Lake Audi but their service seems to suck as well.

MY .02

Old 07-16-2005, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

Had a funny experience with them too...
I called to check if there are any recalls on my car, and at first, the service rep confidently said 'no'
then, I continued to ask questions, saying i saw a few online and started mentioning parts...
he said they'd research and call me back... within 10-20 mins, they called me back and said there was 1 available.
so I asked what it was... he said he didn't know, and that he would not be able to tell me specifically.
so I said if they're going to do anything to my car, I would like to know exactly what.
He totally diverted my question and started to ask me for my info for an appointment.
At the end, I said 'never mind good bye' and hung up on him.
Then, i called a different dealer, and they asked for my VIN and told me right away that they'll check my lower control arms for me, and replace them free of charge if necessary.
On the contrary, J.D. tried to charge me $60 to pop out my stock radio, where Riverside did it for free.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys...i know this thread might be a couple months old...but i also had a bad/not so good experience at Riverside Audi. i got my 2001 s4 at the end of april. clearly on the autotrader description it said it was a 2001.5 and had a moonroof. the car was neither. i didnt really care if it had a moonroof or not but i used it to get them to lower the price. I also dealt with Ruben. seemed like a nice guy but didnt really have any customer service capabilities. well i bought the car at the end of april. drove it for a week cuz the hood had a scratch on it(where you can see metal) and the rear bumpers had paint chips. anyways..they said the body shop they use was backed up...so i rescheduled to have them repaint when i was away on vacation. i come back and it wasnt even touched. so i had to wait another week for them to get it done...they got the hood painted but the rear bumper didnt. Ruben had no idea...he didnt even look at the car before i got there to pick it up. so finally a month later i got to drive my car. what a hassle.

and then when i went to go pick up my remote(the remote had the wrong key on it) i asked the service guy about the driver seat having a little movement...and he said its like that. like when i brake my seat lurches forward abit. whatever. now im having another problem...even though its certified i dont want to take it back to there.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

I might try Jack Daniels next time. They have a new shop on 17 in Ramsey/UpperSaddleRiver.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

I just bought a car from Riverside and it was a great experience , Staff attends me very friendly , they helped me a lot to buy the best car.

West New York NJ Locksmith

Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Dealerships Mod

Back from the dead

This place was much better when it was Bellavia Audi