Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Don't go to Audi of Alexandria VA

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear
Default Don't go to Audi of Alexandria VA

I went to see about an A3 when the came out last spring and after negotiating a price they ran the numbers for a monthly payment and it was about $650 a month. I was shocked so I asked them to explain. They brought out a cryptic sheet and I started asking questions such as what is this $4,000+ number, "Oh that's tax and title and so on" "Really I say I didn't realize tax was more than 15% around here!" Then I said what's this $1,800 number, "Oh that some fees and tax and so on" Basically I finally found the line that said I was financing about $39,000. I told them to shove it, it was a blatant attempty to pad a new sale and rip me off. I should have called the Better Business Bureau. I mean I'm a cost analyst by profession don't tell me its so magic process to come up with a monthly payment and try to rip me off!

Old 02-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Don't go to Audi of Alexandria VA

is there any dealer you recommend around the area?

Old 08-22-2006, 07:42 PM

This is funny because i am on the hunt now and i tried calling them and at 9:45am there was no sales repa on the floor. they open at 9am...

So i called tysons corner's audi/merc and got a sales rep in 2 minutes and I haven't even been in yet and he is very helpful so far. I will let you know the final outcome! stay tunned!

Old 09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

I have taken my car to Alexandria many times for service with no problems. I went to tyson once; sales and service was straight trash. Treated me like dirt because I have a 03.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

Yea i have been there several times and I feel each time I go they got over on me as far as charging for labor. I dont really like going there but I dont know about any other close alternatives.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

I 100% concur. Wanted to keep my business local, but had a horrible experience at Audi of Alexandria. the sales guy Alex Milwee was great. Problem was his boss, Sales manager Omar Stwodah, I walked out. He didn't care. I don't like feeling like crap when spending $35k+. Tysons seemed nice but didn't have what I wanted. Drove all the way to Tischer Audi in Silver Spring and I 110% recomemnd them, Frank Gomez the sales manager is GREAT.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 AM

thats funny guys... ive been going to audi of alexandria for years now and i have to say the staff, service and sales have been more than accomidating. i dont expect them to pour me a glass of wine while i wait. i've gotten a fair deal from them each time. i will get my next audi from them because i dont waste their time and they dont waste mine. i've seen people leave a dealership upset because they didnt get what they wanted. usually these people are upset with the dealership because they didnt get what they wanted. these people are usually unrealistic and are not educated on how buying a car works. this is also usually the first time they are trying to buy a nice car, again they arent going to pour you a glass of wine while you wait just because you are going to spend $35k+. pssst $35k+ isnt a lot of money for a car either. glad to hear you got what you wanted though. by the way if the sales guy was so great why did you ask to speak to the sales manager?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Administrator

I stopped by there (AoA), a couple years ago, when I first got my D2. Wanted to cost out new pads. It was coming up on time, and I was feeling lazy. Guy told me $700.00 if, IF they idin't run into any problems. $700.00 for PADS!!! WTF?!?!?

Did it myself for $118.00/parts, and I split the cost of labor with ME, so, I only charged me $100.00 labor, which I put right back in my pocket. Hadda go back and get the code for my radio about 6months later. THAT was something like $110.00. Wudda took it up to B-mo, for a little over half, but I was in a hurry. Wouldn't go back there if my life depended on it. Not even if someone ELSE was paying.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:59 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I stopped by there (AoA), a couple years ago, when I first got my D2. Wanted to cost out new pads. It was coming up on time, and I was feeling lazy. Guy told me $700.00 if, IF they idin't run into any problems. $700.00 for PADS!!! WTF?!?!?

Did it myself for $118.00/parts, and I split the cost of labor with ME, so, I only charged me $100.00 labor, which I put right back in my pocket. Hadda go back and get the code for my radio about 6months later. THAT was something like $110.00. Wudda took it up to B-mo, for a little over half, but I was in a hurry. Wouldn't go back there if my life depended on it. Not even if someone ELSE was paying.
I have been going there...since...forever. I think they are pretty OK. Never had any problems, except one time, that was handled by Audi Of USA. The sales guy Omar is great, however, stand away from his colleague Wali, who is a trashy salesman, someone like you will get in a second hand junk car dealer. Other than that their staff, and prices for parts were pretty reasonable. I guess, your's might be the isolated case. I am glad you saved some bucks with common sense and with some sweat. Also, I have found the service manager Walter (I think thats the name) and service supervisor Dion, to be excellent, so far.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Senior Administrator

Walter was the d1ck that quoted me $700.00 for pads, on two separate ocassions about 2 years apart. I believe I know why I was treated as I was, but I will not go into it on a public forum...

Quick Reply: Don't go to Audi of Alexandria VA