Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Geneva Foreign & Sports - Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca A+++

Old 07-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Default Geneva Foreign & Sports - Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca A+++

I have a 2004 Audi A4 Quattro with a 1.8l turbo. I have been having a vibration in my car for about 2 months now. I have brought the car to the dealership in Syracuse 3 times for the same complaint. The first 2 times they told me that I needed my tires balanced. I had them balanced and it made no difference at all. I paid both times to have my tires balanced. On the 3rd time I told the service manager that I would pay extra to have them thoroughly look at my car. The vibration was getting much worse and I was getting very worried. They called me that afternoon and told me that I had a bad wheel bearing. I was upset that they didn't find it the first time but at least they had found it. I went to pick up my car and paid my $700 bill. The car still had the exact same shake. I was upset and I called the service manager. They said there was no shake when they drove it and that it should get better or I could bring it back a week later.

On my way home the car started shifting funny and then stopped on the side of the road. I had to call a tow truck and this is when I met Geneva Foreign & Sports. They towed me and I when I rode with the tow truck driver I saw tons of European cars in their parking lot. Rather than have the car towed all the way back to Syracuse which is 45 miles for me I asked them if they could look at it. They said sure. The next day they called me to tell me that the vibration was caused by a bad tailshaft bushing. The bushing had been bad for so long and all of the fluid had leaked out of my transmission which made the car quit moving. They refilled the transmission but it had no pump pressure and was full of metal. They emailed me pictures and were 10x more helpful than any other service department I have gone to before. They offered me both a new and used option for the transmission. I opted to have a 32k mile transmission installed for $2500 less. They had the transmission installed in 2 days. When they completed my car they gave it a full look over and found 3 other things that had been overlooked.

When I went in and picked my car up they put my car back up on the lift and showed me everything that was wrong with it. They also gave me complete estimates for each of the repairs. I was very impressed with their honesty and thoroughness. I will continue to take all of my family's cars back to them.

As for the dealer they will not be getting any more of my work.

Geneva Foreign & Sports
2787 Lyons Road
Geneva, NY 14456

315-789-4575

I was in contact there with Dan Jr the whole time and he was very easy to work with. His email is sales@gfs1.com. I highly recommend these guys and their excellent service.