Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Keyes Audi - Van Nuys, Ca

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
1st Gear
Default Keyes Audi - Van Nuys, Ca

Bad experience, read on...

Okay, so I want a 2008 S4. I want to trade in or sell my 2005 A4 3.0 V6 Ultra Sport, and use that as a down payment to order the new S4. Lady on the phone said they do lots of pre-owned Audis and she wanted to buy my A4. That sounded great to me. I was thinking they were going to offer $23k at the most for my A4. After speaking with the fleet manager there, he came to me with an offer of $25k. I was surprised. He needed to check allocations for S4s and what not. The following Saturday comes around and we go down to negotiate the numbers for the new car. After about 1.5 hours, I get the numbers that work for me for the new car. Then I say let's do it, and they spot check my car for damage and what not. There's no problems with my car. I've already called a family member to roll through with the extra key and the pink slip from my house. As I'm looking for a bag to carry stuff out of my car, I walk into the main showroom and my cousin says...

"There's a problem, they think your car (trade-in) is an S4."

WTF? So now the guy says I told them my car was an S4. I completely deny that, and include that I said the car was an A4, 3.0 liter V6...hello!!! 3.0, V6...doesn't sound like an S4 with 4.2 liters and a V8, does it??? Bottom line is they did a bait and switch. Now they are saying they can only give my $19,500 for my trade in.

[Sales guy] "It's only $5,500 more."
[Me] "Great, so you're going to pay that since you messed up?"
[Sales Guy] "..."
[Me] "How can the 'fleet manager' not know the difference between an A4 and an S4??? What kind of idiots are working here??"

Later on, my cousin (ex-car salesmen) says, they knew all along, and they wanted you to get emotionally attached to the deal. I've spent so much time thinking about the new car and negotiating the price and what not. Most people would just pay the extra $5,500 and finish the deal. One thing my cousin always says about buying a car. "You have to be prepared to just walk away from the deal."

Bottom line is...those bastards can go to hell for playing with me like that...and at the same time, I shouldn't have been so naive about the entire thing. They are crooks, and this is what they do. So buyer beware of this place and of buying cars in general