Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Newport Beach Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 AM
1st Gear
Default Newport Beach Audi

When I bought my allroad all the service was done at NB Audi. I figured I'd try them out when it was time for the normal maintenance. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and honesty from my service advisor. I'm still trying to find a mechanic closer to my home in Santa Clarita, but I still have no problem continuing to take the Audi there.

Courtesy - A
Pricing - B
Facilities - A+

Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 AM
1st Gear

i suspect these guys committed fraud against me just to protect audi usa corporate.. at least, they are some smug ******** who don't do a complete job and/or provide a diagnoses.. perfect timing belt at 94300 miles.. my ***. i guess the pistons/valves just decided to hit themselves.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

When I picked up my allroad at 82k they made it a point to tell me to do it as soon as possible regardless of the condition. Also, when I asked about actual wear on the belt he said they can't quantify the amount or the timing for the repair only make recommendations. Who was you service advisor and how much was the damage?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by motomonkey
When I picked up my allroad at 82k they made it a point to tell me to do it as soon as possible regardless of the condition. Also, when I asked about actual wear on the belt he said they can't quantify the amount or the timing for the repair only make recommendations. Who was you service advisor and how much was the damage?
I just got it back from the timing package plus a few bonus finds during the tear down. The grand total came up to 2300. Pricey...hell yes! However, I wanted someone I could trust with this level of repair. Peace of mind...absolutely. I suppose it's one of those things that go along with owning an Audi. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

REPOST, But since your thing shows on google i'm usin it.

WARNING: DO NOT BRING YOUR AUDI TO THIS LOCATION
Audi Dealership, 445 East Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92660.
SERVICE ADVISER: 287 RONALD FRAISER
www.newportautocenter.com

---
I have restated a few items, and copy/paste so maybe there is duplicate information
---

Long story. my car was finished 9.10.08(supposedly) and they waited until 9.23.08 to call me and let me know, upon receipt of the car it was NOT finished.

The following parts were found in my car:
1. Starter
2. Absorber Pan
3. Cover

There is a line on the invoice stating:
96633: RECEIVED VEHICLE WITH STARTER AND ABSORBER BAN, AND COVER INSIDE THE TRUNK AND PASSENGER SEAT.

I know the car was not in this condition when I dropped it off, there is a greasy cover inside my leather interior and my car was rummaged through.

If my car was completed on 09/10/08, why was my invoice not created until 9/24/08? Why is the delivery date May 12, 2001? I am now unable to get my car repaired and to top it off I am now going to be faced with having to pay somebody to put the parts on that they left off. I can't believe they even said the job is done if the covers and parts weren't put back on.

I have no way of knowing why the invoice was created on 9/24/08 if the car was complete on 9/10/08. I called Audi USA and they are going to "look into it" but I have no clue what is going to happen here. I know I did not receive 1 notification that my car was looked at untill 9.23.08 (7 days before deadline for the timing belt lawsuit).

BE CAREFUL, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE UNLESS YOU BOUGHT IT HERE AND YOU HAVE TO.

Problem: Engine died on road, power breaks, steering go out.

Spoke with Ronald Fraiser about the TT timing belt lawsuit on 9.08.08 after dropping off the car, the car was completely in-tact when it was dropped off.

Ron told me the car would be finished the same day, as it was a simple timing belt inspection.. okay.

9/8/08
I called back at 4:00 pm after work and the car was not finished, asked him when to expect it and he said tomorrow at 7:00 am we will have it in the bay and complete it by noon.

9/9/08
By 3:30pm I called and the car was still not finished. At this point, I was very disturbed at what was going on, the service Ron Fraiser was basically telling me "sorry, the timing belt couldn't have caused the engine damage" .. I asked if the car was complete and he told me NO.

9/10/08
Called back, spoke to Ron, he was very rude with me the prior night because I asserted that I thought he was taking too long and perhaps they were in-bed with audi about not getting my car fixed. I assume this is what triggered the rest of the events that have happened, I take responsibility for pissing them off I guess but heres what happens next.

Ron stated very rudely that "the car will be done when its done, I'll call you"

I called Audi USA (not sure of the date, within week of 9/10 and told them of the problems, asked if I could have the car done at another dealership, I believe at that time the car was still not finished because they did not inform me of that.

Now I Have the service papers:

SERVICE PAGE 1:

R.O. Opened 08SEP08
READY 12:01 24SEP08 (I THOUGHT IT WAS DONE 9.10.08???)

A
9633 CUSTOMER REQUEST JZ RECALL PERFORMED JZ RECALL, INSPECT VEHICLE FOUND SMALL CRACKS ON TIMING BELT, BELT STILL SHOWS OEM LOGO AND PART NUMBERS. WE RECCOMEND TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT BASED ON AGE AND MILEAGE UNLESS CUSTOMER HAS RECORDS OF PREVIOUS TIMING BELT REPLACEMENT. (NOTE: UPON INSPECTION FOUND ENGINE WONT CRANK OVER, IT APPEARS ALL OF THE TEETH ARE THERE THOUGH, LOOKS LIKE POSSIBLE BENT VALVES FROM HIGH SPEED DOWN SHIFT INTO LOW GEAR CAUSING OVER REV CONDITION.)
B VEHICLE TOWED TO SHOP.. CUST STATES THE ENGINE DIED WHILE DRIVING ADVISE CUSTOMER NEED TO REMOVE HEAD TO FIND CAUSE OF NOT START. POSS OVERREV.

SERVICE PAGE 2:
DELIVERY DATE: 12MAY01 (HELLO, ITS SEPT 29..?)
PROMISED: 1700 10SEP08
INV. DATE 24SEP08
R.O. OPENED 14:42 08SEP08
READY: 12:01 24SEP08

ADVISED CUSTOMER TO REPLACE TIMING BELT ASSEMBLY... ENGINE WONT CRANK, ADVISED CUSTOMER NEED TO REMOVE HEAD TO START TO FURTHER DIAGNOSISS WHY ENGINE IS LOCKED UP.. POSSIBLE OVERREV CONDITION..
CUSTOMER CALLED 9/23/08 @ 14:21 ADVISED CUSTOMER VEHICLE HAS BEEN DONE SINCE 09.10.08 AND NEEDS TO PICK UP.. ..

IF YOU LOOK ABOVE, THEY SAY ITS READY ON THE 8TH? I WAS THERE ON THE 9TH AND IT STILL WASN'T FINISHED..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 9/23/08 I received my first call from Power Audi of USA stating my car was finished on 09.10.08 and if I did not have it off of their lot by 9.29.08 they would start charging me storage fees. I asked Dave (service manager, don't know his last name) why I had not received a call earlier letting me know my car was done and he said "WELL, WHY HAVENT YOU CALLED US?"

I didn't call THEM because 9/8 (day i dropped it off) and 9/9 I spoke to Ronald Fraiser and he was very very rude to me on the phone and in person, and basically told me to stop calling.. I love my Audi TT and I am very sad to see the current condition it is in.

Last edited by ttManz; 09-29-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

Okay so heres what happen to me: my car gets dropped of there for a brakeflush, 25k and MIL lamp. I ask the guy to please check the driver side intercooler because i saw oil and dirt collecting on the front of it. He tells me its fine. I get the car back and the check engine light comes on again. so i grab a scan tool at my work and read the code. says i got boost pressure signal too low. I remove my intercooler water test it... looked like a ****ing water fountain. never again have i nor will i go back to them.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:14 PM
CDO
1st Gear

Hmm, that place sounds like a piece of work...

Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

I haven't had that kind of experience with them yet. Of course, I'm still looking for that perfect mechanic somewhere in Valencia or North Valley. Thanks to the forum I've found some good options. My only issue has been price. Quality has always been top notch. I hate to hear that my fellow Audi lovers had problems. I always worked with David and it's been smooth sailing.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

luckily a fellower audiforumer has had the same issues with this crew and has got me an engine with 40k miles for next to nothing, just advised me to replace the timing belt and water pump NOW before the same thing happens again.. its crazy though, the more i look at what they did.. basically they just removed all of the covers tightened nothing up and purposely dirtied up my interior by placing greasy items inside of it.. I had to manually remove the top to even get teh damn absorber pan out of the front seat.. bunch of ********, ron especially.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

I took the allroad in today since it showed a check engine light. They said if it was a result of any work they've done it would be free. It ended up being something small so David took care of it anyways. It was another great experience. No complaints.